The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got out Saturday from 5am-11am..air temp was 55 and water temps were 71 all day..the wind & weather were just perfect for us to execute the gameplan we had decided on..we had decided to follow a specific weed line (adjacent to deep water) out of the launch area which lead us to some offshore weedy humps and deep rocky points..we decided to throw reaction baits (topwater, spinnerbaits and swimbaits) and didn’t have to switch it up very much as we caught fish the entire time at each location..I caught only 1 fish on the black jig..and that was all for the bottom bite..the fish were very aggressive and fought hard..bass and large pickerel were caught..all really healthy fun-sized fish..the pic attached is about the average sized fish we caught..I lost my favorite gunfish boatside to a mutant sized pickerel..it was easily the size of my arm and as wide as a sauce can..insane fight out of the weeds..and I lost it trying to figure out how to grab it..I def need to purchase a boga grip or something similar..

we had a blast as always..Thanks for reading and be safe out there..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Nice report Zipper and cool pic...Sorry about that Gunfish...At least you know it works(I know it works.. I've caught alot of nice fish throwing it, I was just kidding of course)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Nice report and good seeing some resi guys out there... Sucks about the gunfish... there is a Pickeral in Kensico with a pierced lip and Spook hanging from him as well.... always a PITA to decide how to deal with those things as there mouths are fierce when you stare down them at them boatside!!!

j.

·
Gone Fishin
1,212 Posts
Great trip with lots of fun and entertainment as always with Zipper.
...what he didnt report is that Zipper called his shots all day. He took me to specific weed beds and spots that all produced fish.
Great milk run Zipper!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.