The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woody, did you see the handles on the Woo Daves Series of BPS rods on pg. 135 in the 2004 catalog? There are two of them that might look VERY familiar to you. I dunno about you, but I LOVE split grips and am VERY pleased with Rich Forhan's rods. From what I have seen, he is the best of the best. The first split grip rods I owned were actually three of the older Spidercast rods, right before they went to the Spidershaft series. I had a 7'MH that I secretly wish I still had. I had to "upgrade" to my current custom-built croix and Fenwick Techna AV lineup, but that rod was still one of the best for really launching spinnerbaits. The wife even got me a Forhan-built 7' spinning rod built on a Graphite USA DHX703 with split tennessee grip for Xmas, it finally arrived today. My marriage is on VERY solid ground from my standpoint!! *LOL*
Happy/SAFE Hoidays, ScottB

G

·
Scotty

As a matter of fact..I was going to PM you about the very same thing !!!!(Sans the foregrip on the caster)
IMHO the Forhan customs are unique and some of the best rods on the market today.
You have a "special " wife...You are a very fortunate husband.
I can only assume you have read his book.
I can hunt and find bargains on the net for my Avid/LE blanks but would be hard pressed to find any of Rich's creations below cost.
Happy Holidays,
Woody

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually Woody, I have not read his book yet. I might have to grab a copy next time I talk to him. I really want a Revolver Rod on a Shikari SHX PP704 blank for tubing, light carolina riggin' and dropshotting next!! Team it up with a Scorpion spooled with 8# P-Line CXX-Xtra Strong MMMMMM!!!
I might need to talk to the wife again!! *LOL*

Scott B

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VERY nice. I LOVE my Revolver Rods. I have not gotten any rods with guides on top since I got my first rod from Rich!! That was so funny because just days before Rich had posted that he was expecting to see more and more of the concepts he uses in his rods to become more mainstream because his stuff WORKS. He said that the was not so sure how far it would go just due to the fact that those not in the know prolly won't be buying stuff like that and it will prolly never be the norm. His rods are, however, the standard I use to judge all the rest. That is one thing I can thank Mr T for.
ScottB

G

·
This is the Woo Daves Caster

The one on the bottom is what we are referring to.

Travis turned me on to the Revolver as well...

I still have the 7' Revolver S Blank and the Revolver Flipping Stick.
As stated in an earlier thread...I want to learn to Jig Fish and get back to my roots throwing cranks...
The two rods mentioned above will be used EXCLUSIVELY...

Rich is a very COOL guy...Tell Rich I send my regards... If you want I will bring the book to Candy.(As long as you give it back ;) )

Woody

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Woody, that sounds GREAT to me. Did you catch the Fishing Reports post on the BFHP from Chuck Gray fishing Candy?? Said after he broke through some skim ice, he got a few nice smallies blading still!!!!! I guess it is gonna be a strange year for fishing right up to Dec 31!!!!
ScottB

G

·
Scotty

Send me your addy and numbers I can reach you...
I don't want to bore the folks with our banter;) .
I will give you a shout tomorrow.
Tight Lines
Woody

1 - 8 of 8 Posts