The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another guy going home, another renege ..........

"he didn't like the weight clause in the contract"....

OHHHHH....is it asking you a little too much you fat F$% to have to be in shape while we pay you millions of dollars? poor little Wellsie.......

he can still pitch, but he is the original crybaby.....

we need less of these "men" whose feelings are hurt so easily......

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
I think this goes to show that all is not gold in Yankeeland. Here is a guy who essentially begged to be brought back and now he is pussing out. You just lost 3 very good to excellent starters from last years rotation, got to be concerned no matter who you brought in.

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
I AM concerned. Good pitching negates good hitting. It wont do the Yanks any good to be scoring 6 or 8 runs a game if we give up 7 - 9 runs, will it?

George is a fool for not signing Pettite IMMEDIATELY at the end of the season and for worrying about how much Wells weighs in at. It serves him/us right if we suck ass this year even with the big name hitters.:cussing:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
After Andy P. left, I had some reservations about Wells being counted on to pick up some of the slack. Just think his age and physical problems could result in a sub par year. Only a hunch, but this may be a blessing in disguise, if the Yanks can get a decent replacement.
Tim

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Good ridens....I hate having to hold my breath everytime he pitches waiting for his back to go out on him. Again like Petite he wanted to pitch in his home town. I don't have a problem with that. If either went to a A.L. east rival it would be a different story.
Leigh, there was nothing more George could do to sign Petite...he offered him more money. You CAN'T do more than that.
Brown, Contrares and Leiber will do fine....
A healthy Giambi and now Shefield's 30+H.R.'s will be fine.
Think of how many teams would LOVE to have the Yanks starting 5...
This isn't a re-building...just a re-arming.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Brown, Contrares and lieber will do fine you hope, Two guys with very seriouse injury problems and a very expensive Cuban with mixed results.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I read in one of the local papers up here that, aside from the weight issue, the Yanks were only discussing a minor league contract w/ Wells. Is this correct?

·
Registered
131 Posts
If I remember correctly, they were going to sign him to a minor league deal, and if he made the team, he would have gotten a major league contract worth about $3 million a year. The contract with the Padres, I believe, is a base salary of $3 million, with up to $7 million in performance insentives.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did we forget Javier Vazquez? This guy had a 13-12 record with a 3.24 era on the Montreal Expos. This guy has the potential to be a stud on the Yankees. The other pick up they got, that not much folks are talking about is the bridge between the starters and bringing in the "sandman"! What a perfect setup guy for Mariano. Paul Quantrill! This guy finished with a 1.75 era, and 44k's in 77 innings pitched. Not too shabby considering he was on the Dodgers, which literally couldnt hit a lick last year.
Understandable these guys are not proven in New York, because playing here is not like playing on any other team. But I think they will still be the team to beat in the AL. GO YANKS.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I said it before the best pick ups the Yanks made were Flash Gordon and paul Quantrill, the Dodgers were near the bottom in most hitting stats but the best pitching team in baseball.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Don't forget Both Gordon and Quantrill played in Boston where the pressure to win by both the fans and the media can be almost as tough as NY.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What Paul said............unless Wells struck a deal with
the devil,he is done. Too much risk in signing a fat,out of shape headcase with a bad back..........what bar
is he "rehabbing" at?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts