The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to come up with a plan for storing my boat when the snow arrives. This is my first year with a boat worth storing and was wondering what options I have to pick from and what others do. I am located in Carthage, NY if anyone stores their boat or knows someone who shrink wraps in the area. Any advice would be appropriated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
There should be plenty of places up by you considering you are so close to Lake Ontario. Lots of marinas around there. Maybe Burnie will chime in since he fishes that area quite a bit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stopped at a storage place near me for rates today and it looks like about $600 for the season. That seems high to me but I'm not sure what the going price is.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I stopped at a storage place near me for rates today and it looks like about $600 for the season. That seems high to me but I'm not sure what the going price is.
Wow, for the season or for the winter? Does that include winterization and shrink wrap? I get mine winterized and stored indoors for $225.00 for the winter. That does seem steep.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I do my own shrink wrap and store in the back yard.
For $600, my buddy and I will get a minimum of 6 wraps out of it. Next buy will cost less because the heat torch, gloves, buckles, tape, etc., won't need to be bought again.

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Unless you live in an apartment, there is no reason not to store it in your own backyard. I have had problems in the past storing it at marinas. Never had a problem storing it at my place. I just double cover it & put D-Con in the boat for varmants. No problems whatsoever & you save $500-600. Disconnect your battery leads after fully charging your batteries. Re-Charge in the spring. Batteries stay good in the cold weather of winter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies and info.. I do have a place to store the boat at home so that plan my be my best option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts