The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
21,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air temps no higher than 37 Degrees....no problem, typical of the days we have been having all through December, where fishing on the Reservoirs is still going well....

But today, in addition to the nice fish we caught in that 42 degree water, we had an unusual visit from a gigantic otter! Not a muskrat, which we have seen many times, but a true full sized Otter, which was a good 3-4 feet long with it's tail....in fact, he came within 5 feet of our boat, and was just looking at us with this quizzical look, sort of like: what are you crazy humans doing out fishing in this freezing weather! LOL.....

a unique experience, and then minutes later a huge Golden Eagle buzzed over our boat....Man, there's everything out there! But it is also amazing how you can continue to catch nice bass throughout this cold water period......If Marty can figure it out, he may put up some pictures of our better fish.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry, having trouble with all our pix, but ones above showed our typical fish. the pickerel was a beast at 27" @ 5lbs. our typical bass went 3-4lbs & we got 9 in half a days fishing. Air temp was 24`f when we started & it never got above 40`f. The day was a success when we saw that Otter. In over 40 years of fishing the reservoirs, that is the first Otter I have seen. In the past 10-15 years or so, we now have Eagles, Mink, Beaver, Albino deer & fox along with this Otter. Too bad I couldn`t get a pic of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
John,
Nice day , nice pics!
Great job.
Love the otter story!
mind if I ask what body of water you were on ? I would love to look for Mr 4 ft otter !!
Thanks
Happy Holidays

1 - 8 of 8 Posts