The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Fishuation
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month I purchased Silblade windsheild wipers.
They are made of 100% silicone and come in a variety of colors.
They come with a 5 year guarantee.
At $19 each they are a little pricey, But is you replace your blades once a year at $10 a set they are still a bargain.
They work great. Very smooth. Great when the windsheild ices up & they never streak.
My eyes are not that great so streaking windsheild at night sucks for me.

Here's a link
http://www.silblade.com/

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
great, Nick

you suggest the revieew section and you start it out with...windshield wipers?......

ok..im game...check out my product review....and yes..it is still part of fishing.....a BIIIIIIGGG part........

:D :D

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
On a serious note (which for me is kind of unusual) I find that windsheild wipers often start to streak not necessarily because they need to be replaced, but simply because they are dirty. Living in the city, I find that "soot" is a big factor for this. When my wipers start to streak I clean them with some rubing alcohol and one of the numerous brands of toilet paper that were reviewed in Joes post. You would be surprised at how much dirt will come off of them. This usually cures the streaking. So Nicky--in the future save yourself the $19 and buy a roll of Quilted Northern (scented if you like) and a .99 cent bottle of rubbing alcohol at CVS.

PS to Bassrat--excellent idea for a forum!

·
Still throwing 208....
684 Posts
Another way to convert the old wipers into practically new ones is to wipe down the surface of the blade with half of a lemon. I suppose it has something to do with the acidity of the lemon - either way this really works (and before the wise guys kick in, yes you could use a lime. lol). I just replaced the wipers on my truck after two years, and I really didnt need to. But, I figured after two years and a dozen lemons, it was time. :)

A little Rain X on the shield and blades doesn't hurt either.

Pat X

1 - 6 of 6 Posts