The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Smile, and enjoy life!!
2,160 Posts
i would like to try the method of actually getting out on the water this coming season. lol.

brewers. i am impressed by a few members that have made this a strong part of their fishing. andrew, LP, john g, vic and some others have really put in some time and found it works great.

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
I'm looking for simplicfiation this season....will stick with the best of the bunch and just concentrate on getting better at those.......

no new tricks planned....

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear you John, I'm pretty much going to do the same thing. If anything, I need to learn more about my Tracker and how to use it effectively.

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
hey Craig...didnt know you got a new ride....lets go!

No new techniques, but a lot of tweaking of tested and proven methods....

I loved dropshotting...but gonna try increase line and bait size.....

But my main goal is learning Candlewood more....

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I really need to get a better deep water handle. I hate Carolina rigging so I might try drop shotting.

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
6,547 Posts
flipping jigs is one.i flip everything but jigs.the use of spinning gear.i only use baitcasting.the ability to use my sonar better and might even get an underwater camera .as for theole34 the slider is a great bait.i fish it often and always catch fish.it also will catch quality as well.and joe p.i did the same thing last year on candlewood.i never could catch fish here but concentrated on that lake.i got out my map and marked spots.i also talked to people who fish it often.joe dont be affraid to fish deep in that lake.if u want get in touch with me and i can help u a little.
good fishin dennis

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
thanks for the invite..

yeah...ill keep that in mind, Dennis...we'll leave LPbassman alone at home...:D

·
Wishin' I Was Fishin'
1,083 Posts
Not really new, but........

...... I want to utilize the jerkbait more. I use them, from time to time, but with little success and consequently gain little confidence. After watching my partners, at the Eastern Divisional, work their magic, I am determined to give this bait more time.

C'ya on the water,
Ted
:letusfish

·
Banned
5,935 Posts
I really need to learn to fish deep. By deep, I mean 15 feet and lower. I hope to loearn more about bladebaiting and really hope to get confident with carolina rigs this season.

Mark

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Theole34 said:
i would like to try the method of actually getting out on the water this coming season. lol.

brewers. i am impressed by a few members that have made this a strong part of their fishing. andrew, LP, john g, vic and some others have really put in some time and found it works great.
Robbie,
Any time, any lake you would like to go to PLEASE let me know as it would be my pleasure to take you out for the day! I'm good on any weekend or weekday with advance notice.

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Re: thanks for the invite..

joe p said:
yeah...ill keep that in mind, Dennis...we'll leave LPbassman alone at home...:D
:eek: :eek: :eek: :cussing: :cussing: :D :D :D :D

OH YEAH?

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
I really need to learn to fish a drop shot!

Also--need to throw BUZZBAITS more often like I used to whrn I fished a lot of shallow weedy lakes.

Joe P---Candy is by far the one lake that stumps and stupifies me the most. I want to learn it better too. So DONT LEAVE ME AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
I would like to concentrate more on Jig fishing... I say that EVERY year!!!
Any Jig fisherman who want to share any tips with a Rookie...Please get in touch (My least confident bait)

I also would like to go back to what I "used" to fish often....Crankbaits

#1 goal this season is to "keep it simple" like Grandpa and Earthy stated earlier.

Woody

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
Hopefully start throwing jigs , like i`ve been saying I am going to do for the last few years.

Also plan on using the slider worm.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't think I am gonna try any "new" methods, but rather just go back to some of my older ones that I have gotten away from. I started that last year and, thanks to 7" black and green pumpkin power worms, my catches improved dramatically. I also wanna get back to my black/blue flipping tube that was so good for me in the past. And last, but not least, start throwing topwaters again more. All I used to throw were jigs and chug bugs. I still toss a lot of jigs but have gotten away from the bug.
My .02, ScottB

·
Registered
242 Posts
Re: Not really new, but........

jiggin-n-piggin said:
...... I want to utilize the jerkbait more. I use them, from time to time, but with little success and consequently gain little confidence. After watching my partners, at the Eastern Divisional, work their magic, I am determined to give this bait more time.

C'ya on the water,
Ted
:letusfish
Ted - The jerkbait has not been all that great for me on WNY lakes, but it was good on Cayuga, 1000 Isl & Champlain this year. If you really want to get the feel for jerkbaits, Honeoye during the early season (C&R) is great to practice! Almost too easy, but it really builds your confidence. I love the pointer 78....tad $$, but they work great. Chartruse shad seems to do well for me.

This year, I want to learn how to catch summertime smallies on inland lakes. I know those brown ghosts are out there....

Seth V

G

·
Focusing on Reservoirs-don't take this seriously

I’ll be focusing on Green Pumpkin/Blue Tubes. I plan to fish the starboard side with a Loomis smallmouth spinning rod exclusively for largemouth bass. I will have at the ready a Johnny Morris spinning rod rigged up for the port side also with the green pumpkin/blue tube so as to target the smallies that will be on that side of the boat. I’ll need two anchors though; so as not to get too confused if the boat spins in the wind. I do need though, to delay a decision on what line to use since that thread has not been fully vetted out here on the board. I’ll remain flexible; we have several months yet to work this all through. Since I try to back reel as often as possible, perhaps the right reel choice can also be debated here in time for the April opener. …..now do I Texas rig or use an inside jig head? …and maybe I’ll buy a pocket watch!

·
Urban Angler
425 Posts
new and old

I will learn tubes this year and thanks to Earthworm I am set for a while.

I will continue to refine my work on spinnerbaits, various worm rigs.

I will learn how to use sonar. I might pick up a portable eagle and sell my fishin' buddy.

I want to try new waters. I know there's alot of it and hopefully y'all will send me to some good places.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts