The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Woke up this morning and decided I’d rather fish than work... so i called in a mental heath day and headed north to a my favorite reservoir. I had just moved my boat from one end of this place to a new location this week, so the chance to get out and mark some spots and fish was perfect.

As has been my summer... no topwater bite to speak of although the place was like glass for most of the morning. Poked a bunch of 10-13 ft weed edges... nothing. Started looking deeper and the sonar lit up like X-Mas. Seems like the cold has push the bait into the 20-35 ft range at this place and where you found good structure (humps/walls/drops) with some decent depth change in that range there was bait and active fish.

In the 6 hours I was out I boated 18-20 with typical number of misses as usual. All but 1 fish surrendered to the drop shot, with 2 fish in the 4lb class - 3 in the 3's - and the rest solid chunks in the 2lb range with only one “Chicken McNugget” on the day. All the bigger fish were largies and of the lot, suprisingly most were LMB.

The only fish not caught on drop shot was taken on one of my Frankenstein baits. This latest creation used 1/2 of one of Jim “secret lures” fused with an addition of my own..... This bait actually had two bites on three casts but the last bite I missed and now I only have 1/3 of the bait left!!!! So watch out Jim.... I cracked the code and you’ll be seeing me sling these things come next season once I make my molds!!!!

J.

Attachments

·
Size Matters
3,347 Posts
Jeez, I thought it was safe to show you that spot considering your boat was 2 miles away.

No fair moving.LOL

JIM

·
Not so lost...
3,676 Posts
Well done indeed. I could use a series of mental health days, wish I could afford the opportunity. Maybe it's for the best, water level is pretty drawn down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.