The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out on a Reservoir from 4:30pm to around 9:30. Weather was beautiful, a relief after spending many days this summer baking in the sun. The wind was making boat control an issue, but I'm getting a little better at rowing and fishing simultaneously, and it died down after a couple hours. This was my best day yet here after getting my first boat in July, it's been a humbling experience fishing this water so far. I have yet to invest in a depth finder so finding offshore structure has been a bit of a guessing game, but each time I get out there I seem to understand the place a bit more. Today all the fish i found were tight to laydowns and brush, and I only got them when I made that perfect cast right to the cover with a soft entry into the water. Got em on a white spinnerbait and black Culprit worm, nothing on the jig. Mostly 1 and 2 lb'ers but this fattie nailed my spinnerbait like a freight train and dove into some muck, had to pull up twice it's weight in grass but got her to the boat. She went 3lbs 14oz. Also saw what i think was a green heron very close to me, cool looking bird. I always see a ton of blue herons, but never one of those before.

I couldn't get a bite after dark, spent a good amount of time throwing a buzzbait to no effect. Night fishing is still a mystery to me, but it was enjoyable regardless. Still didn't find any giants but it's always a pleasure to get out on those waters.
Tight lines

Attachments

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Nice report. Lots of Green Herons on the Reservoirs. Last few years we have seen a lot of new wildlife. Beaver & Mink are now becoming plentiful. Add in all the Eagles that are now also common & an occasional Bear, & it`s like we are out in the wild.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.