The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave and I were over at the Tomhannock casting a few. He's always fished smallies there and the bite's been pretty slow lately. So I talked him into trying a Senko for some largemouth. He's hooked after a lil 3 pounder. Hehehehe. It was about 8 PM Sunday. It was so funny. Once he got it ashore, it got off the hook and I told him it wasn't a catch unless he had it in his hand. To see him trying to keep it ashore was truly hilarious. I had to take out the sound. Sorry for the bad video editing. Not too good with Movie Maker.

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO!

He caught some other ones also. I didn't catch anything but a chain pickerel. I don't care though. I was just happy to see him all excited on a new lure, some largemouth, and a new presentation that he hadn't used before. He has this thing he does where he sniffs real loud. Then he'll be like "what's that smell?" Meaning I was skunked. Like I said...I didn't care though. We're gonna start getting a lot more video. We started a little YouTube channel just for it called teamwhoopbass.

If any of you have an account on Youtube or Facebook. Feel free to subscribe, like, comment on it, or just add us.

·
Monsters Inc.
4,543 Posts
Why'd he kick the shit out of it ?

kharma's a bitch.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The fish must have welts with all that kicking he got.....What's up w/ that?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh he didn't kick it hard. The bass was released in good shape. It was just so funny!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
21,700 Posts
I've already received PMs about this video....sorry, I don't find it funny either, between the kicking and the jaw busting grip....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
At the time...him trying to keep that fish from getting back in the water was hilarious. It was a flat out blooper.

You're right. A fish can be better handled for a picture and I am still going to talk to my buddy about that grip.

As far as those kicks...they were not hard kicks. They were with the insides of his feet and really light. He was desperate to not lose the fish. A loose fish flopping around in a boat can be more damaging. All of us use jerkbaits and many other lures with multiple treble hooks...and we all know what they can do to a fish.

Again. That fish was fine when he let it go.

Video removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts