The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out again with a buddy of mine to try and burn up some of the gas in my boat before I put her up for winter and get her ready for the long tow to IL. I've been out a few times in the last 6 weeks or so but just haven't caught any monsters so I haven't shared much on here. I've caught 4-5lb class fish every time, but usually only a handful of them.

Anyhow, got out today for a couple of hours. Hit the water at 7:15 or so, and finished up at 12:30 so I could come home to hang with my little man for the afternoon. Had a tough time putting a pattern together this morning. The fish weren't in the usual summer spots, and they weren't where I've found them in the past during fall patterns. I did find several schools of fish today that I couldn't get to bit anything I put on them. The only thing I could find as a pattern was the fish we did catch were all between 14-18' of water. Reaction baits didn't produce squat anywhere in the water column which is unusual here, the bigger fish were caught on slow finesse patterns. It was like post front type conditions. I'm guessing with the rain last week the water temps have dropped pretty quickly and maybe the fish haven't adjusted quite yet. Water temps were 65 when we hit the water this morning and 67 by time we got off, two weeks ago it was in the mid 70's.

Managed to stick the best of the day and best of my season at 6lbs 1oz just before we headed in. It's been a tough year with really limited time but at least I found one this year over 6lbs. She came out of 18' of water on a drop shot

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
good job out there Matt, nice to see the big girls are starting to show up. When I was there a few weeks ago, the bite was the same as you described. Took a little bit to figure them out but when we did, we got a good amount of fish.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone!

Not sure yet, but I'm hopefuly I'll get out again this weekend. If my tourney partner can go, I'll likely head north for some smallmouth action. If not, I might get back out to this lake to see if they have started to stack up yet.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Thanks everyone!

Not sure yet, but I'm hopefuly I'll get out again this weekend. If my tourney partner can go, I'll likely head north for some smallmouth action. If not, I might get back out to this lake to see if they have started to stack up yet.
they were begging to stack up earlier in the week but with the last few days of warm weather, they backed off. This is just my experience btw...doesnt mean im right lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.