The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from two weeks at my home on lake. Weather was beautiful, fishing was fantastic and time was very relaxing. Lake has been extra quiet this summer. I do not know why. Every morning from 6-9, the fish were biting real good. About a dozen each morning. All fish were between 2 and 3 1/2 lbs. Top water and SB at first light, then drop shot and jig bite. They had a story on Upper Saranac Web site about crayfish mating now.That must be what the smallies were eating because they were really thumping that jig especially the bigger fish. Also eating small perch (3" size). Saturday night it got down to 38-40 degrees. Temps went from 72 down to 67 and stayed there all week. Days were warm and sunny except Tuesday which was overcast but dead calm.
One more thing . Drove down to Town of Woodstock on Friday and stayed at my friends beautiful mountain retreat up at 2500 ft with spectacular views as far as you can see. Saturday night we went to Levon 's Midnight Ramble. For all music lovers, this is something you must experience. About 150-200 people in a beautiful new barn with a 12pc band with horns and girl singers. Three hour concert that ends at Midnight. Like watching a concert in your living room. This is special and it always is regardless of who shows up. Can't wait till next one. Thank God for HIPPIES. They still know how to put on a music show with no hassles at all. Real laid back with dancing and lots of fun. You got to go and experience this.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After seeing Marty"s lm's,I thought of one more thing. I caught more lm then usual but they were all long and thin.I believe this is happening because of the removal of all milfoil. The smallmouths are all fat , no matter what size.They are eating all those 3'" perch and sawbellies with some crawfish thrown in.The lm were caught right along side the sm.Don't know any other reason. Happy to be seeing more lm though. All lm were caught on top water and jigs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.