The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new spot and found this on google maps. I'm not looking for specifics but I was just wondering what to expect and if its worth a 20 minute drive, also if its safe to wade? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks

·
God Awful Angler
652 Posts
I'm looking for a new spot and found this on google maps. I'm not looking for specifics but I was just wondering what to expect and if its worth a 20 minute drive, also if its safe to wade? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks
I too was thinking of doing the same this weekend there. Or at least some place out east on LI. Haven't had a nibble since the 7th from my 5 normal lakes... PM if you wanna check it out and do some wading! Will be my first time there as well and from my last expirience, I'd much rather wade in a new lake with another person!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
There's a few lakes up around there when I used to live in glen cove.. I checked them all out but wasn't able to get in most spots.. There's a beaver lake I remember.. Forget mill pond.. I tried wading there yesterday and kept on thinking about quicksand and the end of me.. Lol

I want to find more hidden lakes/ponds at that area.. I. Found a few back then but not sure how it is now..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, never went. I heard there were no trespassing signs and the access was difficult so I decided it wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yea I'm sure out east is much better.. Just curious what is there up north near the glen cove area where I used to live.. I found a few places back then where the fishes are small but the amount is amazing!! One place I found I got kicked out because I didnt know it was a private lake.. Memoriesssss... I'm always out looking for hidden treasures in the island..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I'm sure out east is much better.. Just curious what is there up north near the glen cove area where I used to live.. I found a few places back then where the fishes are small but the amount is amazing!! One place I found I got kicked out because I didnt know it was a private lake.. Memoriesssss... I'm always out looking for hidden treasures in the island..
Yeah out east is much better. Just a suggestion, if you want to find lakes in that area go on google maps and look around. I'm sure there are a ton that you never knew about.

·
Registered
145 Posts
no I did that already.. just a lot of places you can't fish in.. believe me.. imagine me w a map on the passenger seat and my driving around looking for all these little lakes/ponds.. I found a good few but wasnt able to fish em..

·
God Awful Angler
652 Posts
Least us Long Island guys have a month to look on google maps and scout out new places to try out when June rolls around....

.... yay :/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts