The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'll be heading up to the upper Hudson either next week or the week after. Was wondering how the water level is around the lock 4-5 pool with all that rain we had over the past few weeks. Also, has the dredging activities made it down to that pool yet? I'll be launching out of Schuylerville. Thanks. Rich

·
Registered
258 Posts
It's been high and turbid as Pro Craft states. I stopped by Stillwater Wood last night (above the Hoosic) to take a close look and not much visibility, just got slammed with back to back boomers with more rain in the last two hours so on the rise again. When is it going to stop????????

·
Registered
258 Posts
And here comes another T - Storm, C'mon Mother Nature., give us a break.

Also, If you're planning to use the lock system keep in mind that the State has reduced summer lock hours to 8am to 6pm (but not the fees). I've had an ongoing feud with them about this since spring and they did open Lock 1 in Waterford after a battle but not any of the other locks on the Champlain Canal. With the high water and flooding it's been moot for me but it still grinds my gears.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys. It looks like I won't be going this week due to the conditions. Maybe by next week things will change. Let's hope so !!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the responses to my original post. I bagged the trip I had planned for last week based on the reports. Does anyone know if the water conditions around Schuylerville have improved much over the last week? I may make another attempt this coming mid-week. Any info is appreciated. Thanks !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts