The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got to love the cover of Sports Illustrated this week. ( No, it's not the swimsuit issue) UConn basketball ,#1 in the nation, in both men's and women's
college bball. Okafor & Taurasi make a powerhouse pix. Should be an exciting season. :beerchug:
Tim

·
Registered
101 Posts
They impressively built up a solid football program that should do well in the new Big East that is coming. To bad West Virginia will win every year though...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris
I'll give the football team a few years to get going. I remember when UConn was the doormat of the Big East basketball schedule. Georgetown , Syracuse & St. John's would eat them alive. But they got better every year, and won it all in 99. Only worry is that football coach Edsall has shown he can build a winning team, and he might get grabbed by a powerhouse football school, before UConn gets to reach it's potential. Should be interesting the next few years. Then watch out West Virginia.
Tim

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
hey Tim...your Huskies didnt look too good against Georgia Tech last night.....:D

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Joe
Your right, stunk up the Garden. Although Okafor was hurting, there was a general lack of hustle from almost everybody else. One thing to remember is the pre season polls were figured with Charlie Villanueva (spelling? ) in the line up. He was considered a legit NBA prospect right out of high school and attended a few NBA try out camps. Never signed an agent, so he thought he was keeping his college options open. Decided to attend UConn, and would definitly be a starter. Now the NCAA has been jerking UConn around for several months as they investigate whether Villanueva violated some technicallity when attending the NBA camps. Has sat out 4 games as they ponder the situation. Reality is an "unofficial" suspention. Wish they would S**T or get off the pot. Not saying UConn would have won with him, but I think it would have been a better game. Now that UConn has lost a game, and will rightfully drop out of #1 ranking, maybe the NCAA will think they have punished them enough, and let Villanueva play.
Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts