The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday, Gregg and I tackled the big bad Titicus, hoping that maybe we could decipher that water better than most have in recent months, however, we too fell prey to the " looks great but fishes terrible" syndrome that is going on there...

we only caught a handful, with this being the bigger of the lot:

despite the glorious condition of the water and weeds, it simply is not producing....

Anyways, this SUNDAY, today, we decided to go back to a more familiar haunt, CR , that has been fishing much better...fortunately, we found a nice willing weed bite for several hours in the morning, as there was an approaching storm and we probably had a favorable barometer environment....so for a good 3 or 4 hours we had a steady bite including this doubles that we put up:

with Gregg's being the bigger one, at 4.5 pounds.....but then after a rather anemic rain, the bite just shut down totally, and after 3 hours of no fish, we decided to call it a day...

Weeds still looking good there and nice water clarity....water temps today were 78 degrees and the humidity was a bit stifling.....

I have a feeling that when this recent 80 and humid business does it's thing for another few days, we are going to start seeing some cooler nights like we did in the middle of August......

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
don't you just love titicus ?

·
Registered
956 Posts
John and Gregg,
Good to see you guys out there. I managed 9 in total with the biggest being the first one you saw me catch that went 4.5 as well. My 5 best went 3.2, 3.6. 2.9 and 3.4 including the 4.5. I got off at 11:00 as there look liked a big impending storm was coming in (wife called me from Bergen County Nj asking if I was alright because back home a large thunderstorm was passing through. Actually got off the lake at 8:30 when I heard thunder early in the AM went back to my car took a short nap and went back out again after the 45 minute break so my fishing time unfortunately was limited as well as the areas fished but all in all still a good day with a solid 5 bass limit of weight.
SteveA

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
STEVE: we heard the thunder but it was very distant, and the rain that followed was light...my wife also called though, later on, as Danbury had a soaking rain, which fortunately did not hit us...but the bite just turned off completely, so, you didn't lose any productive time getting out of Dodge....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts