The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my oldest son Trapshooting today. What a blast. I'd forgotten how much fun it can be. He fired my 11-87 for a best of 13 out of 25. If he can repeat that I think he can qualify for his Shotgunning Merit Badge.

I fired my Stainless Red Label for the first time. Boy does that baby kick. I tend to crawl up the stock and bear down like a rifle. After 100rds I look like someone punched me. My cheeks all rosey and a little swollen. Can't wait to get out there again.

We shot those cheap promo Winchester loads from Wal-Mart. That may have had something to do with it, but for $3.75 a box, how can you beat it. Next time I'll try the Federals.

Now that I'm getting back into this, does anyone want to go out to Otis Pike and chase a few Pheasants? Weekdays first come first served. Gotta be there by 5:45am.

Broadbill

·
Protect the 2nd Amendment
791 Posts
Where did you go...Southaven???...

I'm all out of vacation time, I think...but the mighty Pheasent is my favorite animal to hunt and eat...

I used to go off of County Rd. 51 towards Riverhead...the one field in the middle was chock full of em...now it SC Parklands don't know if they allow it...Otis Pike alway's looked tasty, never did try it ...Matt

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only done it once, years ago. I'm definitely no bird hunter but I'm off everyday till 12. What have I got to lose.

Broadbill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts