The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
we actually have a comfortable amount of active members here... i would rather you not go to other sites and try to wrangle new members for us... many websites discourage those type of posts... i certainly don't want people coming here and posting "go to nycbass.com, they need members"

thanks for the thought, but i don't think it's a good idea.

·
Wishin' I'm Fishin'
18,645 Posts
This site currently has 4,192 members all over the state and in other states as well.
Granted, not are all active.

There indeed is already a strong 'core group' here on NYBass that are very active in posting and attending the many get-togethers, etc.

To go to other websites and post "come to this site, www.&^*%$(%$.com" is considered in very poor taste , and is frowned on by most owners and moderators of websites.

Address your friends directly, and PRIVATELY via PMs, e-mails, or phone calls if you'd like them to join us here.

Thanks.

·
Mission Accomplished
4,535 Posts
NYBASS is way more active than the other fishing sites i frequent. :)

The best thing might be to tell your fishing buddies in person about the site
Ditto !

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This site currently has 4,192 members all over the state and in other states as well.

There indeed is already a strong 'core group' here on NYBass that are very active in posting and attending the many get-togethers, etc.

To go to other websites and post "come to this site, www.&^*%$(%$.com" is considered in very poor taste , and is frowned on by most owners and moderators of websites.

Address your friends directly, and PRIVATELY via PMs, e-mails, or phone calls if you'd like them to join us here.

Thanks.
like i said it wouldnt be done in a spamming way. im just use to my old car site it had 47,xxx members so it was beyond popular. its ok sorry to off ''offended'' some of you only good intentions was what i was looking at.

·
Wishin' I'm Fishin'
18,645 Posts
KalmKidd,

No offense taken on my part at all.

My suggestions offered were done to spare you a "flaming" or reprimand on other sites.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im from NY and dont post much here because there doesn't seem to be many/if any Susky river fisherman here.Thats where I do all my bass fishing.

·
Administrator
21,698 Posts

Thanks.
Bill has said it all........excellent....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. I don't think it's a good idea. We actually have a comfortable amount of active members here ... There is no need to go to other sites and try to wrangle new members there ... All I welcome are phrases like I advise you to read this article https://www.capsulink.com/blog/make-more-sales-in-2021-13-tips-for-creating-a-killer-cta-button-that-converts-with-examples/, very interesting and I hope it will be useful to you. But I would not like to see the message "go to this forum and become a member." Why is this? Bad idea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts