The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
God Awful Angler
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First report in months due to not catching anything over 3.14 since early May. Boo hoo me.

Today I took Mom to our local spot till sundown and as soom as her creature bait hit the water she nailed this healthy healthy fatty!

Maybe pushing 3 pounds but it was a FIGHTER! Definitely over 2 and a half!

On her next cast this happened-

As much of a Shimano fan boy I am we both agreed it was that little piggy that broke her Stradic 3000! Now to see if it can be exchanged at Sport's Authority where she bought it or send it to head quaters in Cali... We still had fun for the hour and a half that we went!

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've had it with Shimano. Two spinners and a baitcast reel both broke on me this year. When they work they are great and smooth as silk. I take decent care of my stuff and this shouldn't happen for the price. From what I've heard, there older models were much better and more durable. The customer service is great though and I love Shimano rods. I've put much cheaper reels though more abuse and they have held up OK. Will try lews baitcasters and daiwa spinners next year.

That's a beauty caught by your mom. Hopefully things will start to heat up. Good size fish have been few and far between for me the last few months.

·
Registered
220 Posts
First report in months due to not catching anything over 3.14 since early May. Boo hoo me.

Today I took Mom to our local spot till sundown and as soom as her creature bait hit the water she nailed this healthy healthy fatty!

Maybe pushing 3 pounds but it was a FIGHTER! Definitely over 2 and a half!

On her next cast this happened-

As much of a Shimano fan boy I am we both agreed it was that little piggy that broke her Stradic 3000! Now to see if it can be exchanged at Sport's Authority where she bought it or send it to head quaters in Cali... We still had fun for the hour and a half that we went!

Thanks for reading!
Shimano has a service center in NY.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems
http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

·
Registered
590 Posts
That is one healty Bass Congrats to your Mom

Shimano should cover that, I use only Shimano reels and most of my rods are Shimano .I have never had a problem with any reels. Let me know if you have problems, I know a few Shimano reps and i know they can help you out.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Nice bass there, sorry to hear about the reel and surprised that happened, maybe it was stressed fractured from something else and this was the straw that broke the . . . well you know the saying. I use all Shimano as well, never had this issue or anything even close to it. Definetly a warranty replacement right there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.