The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Protect the 2nd Amendment
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALL SQUIRREL'S MUST DIE!!!!!....I came out of my house yesterday morning and noticed that the fluffy tailed rats had chewed my $50 cedar tower birdfeeder to shreds...This is my 3rd feeder in 6 month's and have not killed or injured one due to my wife begging me not to...This afternoon I took a look at my Christmas lights that had stopped working and noticed that the little bastards had chewed them up as well...So tommorow morning I'm going to put some peanut butter on some tasty saltines and enjoy my coffee on the front porch with my old Sheridan .20 cal pellet rifle by my side...I counted 11 of them this afternoon on my property alone...Anyone know if Mepps still gives you a nickel a tail:) ...

:firing: :firing: :firing:

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
why don't you load your Ak47 and take them out in one spray...LOL....

Matt: they drive me crazy also, along with the friggin' Rabbit explosion we have our way, and of course the wonderful skunks.....

my wife would leave me if I harmed a single one......

·
Fisherman & Grand Pa
3,032 Posts
If the Sheridan dosen't work out due to pesky neighbors seeing you shooting to close to their house,, buy a few old style wooden rat traps and some cheese covered in peanut butter, or import a few hungry tom cats.....;

be glad you don't have any red squirrels, they're nasty little suckers!!

Tight Lines and Happy Holidays, to ALL...

Ken

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a solution for both of you: move to the city.

But then, you will have to put up with the drug dealers and so forth, but your pellet gun and AK47 can still be used in this case.:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the original Sheridan Blue Streak 5 mm pump air rifle...It has many squirrel kills on it, as well as other defenseless pests...Its a great extermination tool...You should get one of those accordian air feed squirrel calls and call those varmints in...Then blast them full of lead !!!...

We had a similar problem with squirrels eating a beautiful homemade shack at my folks vacation home...Needless to say, there were many casualties...A few woodchucks in the mix too...

Like George Costanza from Seinfeld said to the squirrel after hitting it with his car, "I thought we had a deal"...It looks like eating your fancy bird feeder from right under your nose is a DEALBREAKER !!! lol

Seriously though, try re-staining the feeder with a less appealing finish...I find that they like the urethane-like bases that merely coat the wood, but shy away from the sovlent based stains and oils because they permeate deeper into the wood for a bad taste through and through...

Elmer Fuddin

Mark D

·
lost on the Lake
71 Posts
I can let you borrow my Paintball Gun. See what you do is hit them with bright florescent paint so the Cats and Hawks can spot them easier. Then let nature take its course.

Seriously though you may want to consider an Owl decoy or another plastic monstrocity to scare them away.

Lunker Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts