The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
God Awful Angler
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the last day of the 20% off sale on BTD. Hard to pass up when EVERYTHING is on sale- even Shimano and Daiwa!

My question is I am looking for a Casting multi purpose rod. Mainly for T-Rigs, spinner, spooks, creature baits, etc etc. My first pride and joy was a Crucial 7'2 MH F spinner rod and I caught 94% of all my fish on that pole. Little dinks to my personal best of 5+!

99% of my fishing is from the shore and I want a 7'4-7'5 ft just to get the extra 13 inches on my casts.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_Crucial_Reaction_Casting_Rods/descpage-CRR.html

Since the 7'2 Crucial MH F is always out of stock I am looking at the 7'5 Crucial Reaction series. Little longer and rated for 10-20lb line. Cannot find any article saying the Reaction series is made differently from the Worm and Jig line. Can this rod be used for pretty much everything I throw? Does it matter?

Its a toss up between the 7'5 Crucial or the 7'4 iROD Genesis II. I LOVE my iROD AiR so much. The only issue is the iROD Genesis is 4.5 ounces while a Crucial is 3.6oz. Not sure if thats a deal breaker for me. My arm is kind tired from throwing a frog for 3 hours this morning though on the AiR rod... The iROD 7' MH F is out of stock and it's rated the best in the line! BUT there is one 7'5 H F left so a 2nd one is an option for 50 bucks more... Oy, the dilemma!

TLDR?

Crucial 7'5 Reaction Caster- good for T-rigs and everything else in the tackle bag? Yay or Nay?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I believe you will have to consider the terrain of the shoreline you are casting from . Are you casting around limbs , trees and brush ? will such a rod length help or be a hinderance ? I personally do not like to use rods for what you are casting longer than 7'3" MH from shoreline. from a boat I would go heavier and longer to improve my casting and with the back bone to haul back to the boat . Frogs ,heavy jigs , crankbaits and spinnerbaits .

·
God Awful Angler
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ty for your thoughts Jerome. After hours of staring @ BTD and research I decided on the Diawa Steez 7'5 frog rod. The tackle tour article gave it all 9's except for the price. Still 92.00 bucks off sounds good to me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.