The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had two good friends join me in the Ranger this past Sunday for some Drop Shot Smallies on the St. lawrance River. we only had a few hours as one had to go to work. We arrived just after siunrise. moved out to about 40 feet of water, I was using Case Plastics Punkin green Madd Toms(Goby look alikes) All three of got into the fish right away, the firsts were all around the 2 pound mark. We movedand started to work the currant breaks, Sunday we were working in currant around 3 to 3.5 MPH ,so it tough getting boat control, plus we had a strong noff shore north wind to tend with. We did manage to tie into some good ones.

Ian and Tony(pictures taken with a cell phone)

these are two i caught (all released after photo)

We moved down river to check out a few other spots, but the wind was to strondg and the tempiture dropped ,so we packed it in and head back to the launch. We landed 14 fish, loosing as many so it a great morning on the water.

Next Weekend (Sept 14 and 15) is my Classic. Its a two day tournament for total weight... Ive been looking forward to this all summer.:)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys... I'm ready for the Classic... well almost. I sent the Ranger in for a check over , just to make sure everything is good to go this Saturday... My rods are tied and loaded in the Tahoe... waiting to be put back in the boat.We have had 3 top 5's in the last 3 tournys, so our confidence level is pretty high, now we just need the weather ...and the fish to cooperate :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.