The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· bass addict
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anybody looking for a great handling low stretch mono this may be the line for you. I have 8 lb on spinning and 14 and 17 on baitcasting.it still has some stretch but it is far less than regular mono.the 8 lb comes off the spinning spool nicely and I suffered no loops through 5 hours of fishing . The 14 and 17 cast easy on my bait casters with good distance.the surface of this line is super smooth and glides through your guides.I used the low vis green line. This line seems to be only available through Dicks Sporting Goods at this time . It's not even on the Sufix website. If you're looking for a low stretch quality mono you should try this stuff.

· bass addict
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did u buy yours?I can only find it at dicks.

· Registered
4,154 Posts
Instead of fluoro?

How much depth difference compared to fluoro?
I talk about my preference in mono vs floro in my deep cranking article I wrote in the writers forum.

I dont like floro for deep cranking because how much re-tying is involved whenever you make contact with the bottom or hit something. It breaks very easy if your not paying attention and have a knick.

· Registered
226 Posts
I talk about my preference in mono vs floro in my deep cranking article I wrote in the writers forum.

I dont like floro for deep cranking because how much re-tying is involved whenever you make contact with the bottom or hit something. It breaks very easy if your not paying attention and have a knick.
Yeah, I remember that.

That is true though. As evidenced by me casting my Duo G87 a hundred feet + and the line snapping after I had dredged up that anchor line or whatever it was. Took me almost an hour to find it in the wind and it bobbing on the surface.

Haven't had an issue since, but deep cranking time is coming up, so we'll see.

· bass addict
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fished 6 hours today on middle branch with my boss.the line performed flawlessly.even pulled a nice 3.25 lber out of the weeds on 8 lb test no problem.I was kind of nervous about that seeing as the last few years I've been braid only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.