The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I have been having issues posting this message...Mike D posted it on the North Country Roundup thread , but I wanted to share it with all who knew Wild Bill.
I still can't believe Bill is gone 1 yr. The sadness and grief are so overwhelming at times.
The memories and how Bill touched everyone he met has comforted me more than you will ever know.
As you all know, Bill loved to fish and loved to help people, I am so proud of how he incorporated these 2 passions together and made such a difference.
He was the most giving and caring person I have ever met. I was so lucky to share 24 yrs with him.
The pain and heartache will never go away, but I want to thank you again for sharing your stories about Bill, his spirit will truly
live on.
It was so emotional attending Fish for the Cure and the North Country Roundup this year. I wish I could have said a few words, but my emotions would not allow me. What an honor that these events will go on, it says more about Bill than I could
ever express.
July 3rd our 2nd granddaughter was born, Catherine Elisabeth. Gabriella is now 2 and 1/2 and Bill smiled ear to ear when he
saw Gabriella. If you know Bill, you know the grin.
If you want to remember Bill, do something kind for a stranger or introduce a child to fishing. He would really love that.
Bill touched more lives with his compassion and his sense of humor, I think that is why he was so loved.
Thank you again.

·
Gone Fishin
1,212 Posts
What a message mrsWildBill! Bill was a great man and I'm not sure if u get a chance to read these posts but he is continually honored at NYBass.com as he deserves. He was very generous with his fishing knowledge and always reached out with such a kind heart. We miss his input here. For every good man there is an even better woman that drives that man.
Thank you for your words.
KLunker18

Have a catch
Take a kid fishing!!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I Would like to say , personally , I may have known Bill, maybe in the least of all here on site , His character and personality was made clear as he was the first to make me feel a part of the community here and it went on to follow with many other members and I make every effort to do the same with all I meet here on site as well on and off the water .
Bills, spirit remains a part of the NYBASS community and the many friends he has here will continue I'm sure to see that his memory and spirit endures .

Anytime we lose someone close and dear to us it is in the comfort and company of family and friends with words , deeds , great memories and reminders of those we've lost that always keep them with us . Though the void of their absence is never filled our hearts are uplifted and thrilled by all they have touched . As Bill was such a good friend to us and fun to be around , I am sure the weight of his loss weighs heavy on you Fred , His children and all his family . My thoughts go out to you all that the weight of it lightens knowing He has touched so many and made so many remember him and honor his memory as friend .

. . . . If you want to remember Bill, do something kind for a stranger or introduce a child to fishing. He would really love that.
I think that to be a great something to do and I will do so with Bill in mind . Sorry for writing so much it is a thing that I tend to do .
All the best to you and all your family .

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I met little Gabrielle two years ago at Bill's tournament. She was a tiny little peanut just a month or two old held held by a proud grandfather with the biggest grin. I never saw Bill fish, he was always working hard to be sure that everything was perfect for those that came out to support a great cause that was so important to him. My memory of Bill will always be of him holding that little girl with a big big grin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Mary, Bill's not gone. I see his post all the time, my inbox is half full with messages from him that I will never delete and a have some lures from him and a rod he got for me. There's not a day on the water I don't think of him (especially when I'm fishing frogs) As long as Bill's words are here, he's here : )

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Thank you for sharing, when I think of WB, these words come to mind.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop,
at a late or an early hour.
Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Thanks for sharing this! I think about him often, I really miss all the conversations I had with him!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.