The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
lurecrafter
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's an aluminum mold I cast a lure named by the mold company Mo Magic - the clear plastic one on the top.

For some reason I thought to attach the body of the grub, using a candle flame, to melt the end to the body of a curl tail grub with tail cut off. (The process was described in a recent post about wacky-rigged lures.) Kinda looks like a light bulb don't ya think?

The lure shape produces a waddle in the water similar to a Zara Spook when twitched with the rod tip. Man did it catch fish!

Even the thicker bulb tail did well (the tail dipped once in hot plastic):

·
lurecrafter
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What the above selection indicates is that good lure actions-by-design can be carried over to lures that look nothing like the original. Take the Senko wacky rig for example. The mini plastics with thin tail that are wacky rigged on a small jig have the same action as the Senko on the drop. What's more is a different action of quick tip quivers possible at mid-depth that drive fish nuts when imparting that action using rod tip twitches. Crossover lure actions are possible much of the time.

The light bulb grub twitched --- Zara Spook waddle.

The above color assortment is a no brainer proving that color matters more to anglers than fish. Hell, I throw bits of white bread to +24 sunfish and 8 turtles on a daily basis. Never realized that bread was in such high demand considering the fact that bread starch is not a normal part of any aquatic animal's diet!

sunnies:
Water Plant Underwater Organism Aquatic plant

One of 8 turtles - all of which beach themselves near where I'm sitting:
Water Liquid Reptile Fluid Organism

1 - 4 of 4 Posts