The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Life is good !
3,757 Posts
Sometimes the trailer hook is a must ., I'll use old ripped up plastics worms, swim bait , tubes work well

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Always use a grub. Always. My friend Juan who is one of the best small mouth kayak guides there is has a theory that the tail gives the fish a target. I catch a lot more spinner bait fish with a grub and have run out of them and then no more fish on a spinner.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Trailer Hooks

What size hooks would you use for spinnerbait trailers? I use spinnerbaits ranging from 3/8 ounces to 1 ounce. How many packs would you need to buy? A ny suggestions on which brand to get?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I like the cabelas action tail grubs. I either do white or my favorite is the pearl. I use the 3 inch grub and you just thread it on the existing spinner bait hook. I have really noticed my hook up ration since I started using them. I started using them in the Susky for smallies but they have also been awesome for largemouth. The weird thing is they sometimes won't hit the white and will tear up the pearl or the other way around.

·
Crass Angler
9,936 Posts
What size hooks would you use for spinnerbait trailers? I use spinnerbaits ranging from 3/8 ounces to 1 ounce. How many packs would you need to buy? A ny suggestions on which brand to get?

Thanks,
I think the ones I use are 2/0. Gamakatsu makes a good trailer pack, and includes a bit of silicon tubing to keep the hook on.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
If there is an eagle close by they enjoy slime darts, you know if they get a little unruly and need a smack in the head with the ol lip grip and happen to float on the water

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.