The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Sebago on Sunday, got about 8 or 9 total bass and one nice Blue Gill (I wouldn't normally mention it but the thing was huge) - Didn't get any pics unfortunately, the bite was so good in the AM, I just assumed it would continue and I'd be able to get some bigger bass for the photos. Well that didn't happen - Caught about 5 bass in the first 45-60 mins, then some one hit the switch and the fish were dead. All the Fish I caught were in 15 foot of water, Sebago's nice because it drops off quickly and gets down to 15 foot about 20 yards off shore. After the bite went dead, I saw the bigger fish suspending @ 10 feet in 20 feet of water. Got about 3 or 4 more, and the blue gill on a Drop shot and finesse jig.

Still trying to get back to the days of 4 and 5 lbers. but no luck thus far. Tried 8 Inch worm, the smaller bass or blue gill were "nibbling" on it and one took the worm but not the hook, probably not big enough. Biggest of the day was maybe 3 LBS.

Lastly - We had a discussion on Knots for Fluro last week - I did some looking around and found this video for anyone interested. Its a pain in the ass to tie at first but once you get the hang of it . . . I was tying it just as fast, if not faster, then a Twisted Cinch or Palomar. I used this knot all day and I gotta say its a beast!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I905PXIYww

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll take 9 bass over 5 hours any day of the week, just wish they were bigger. Some of them were quite "Strong" 2 of them were peeling drag on my spinning reel, so that's always cool.

·
Registered
145 Posts
amazing how 2 bass in an hour makes things so worth it.. and you really think about it.. pitching, casting, flipping, twitching for 60 minutes for two bass? It makes one think on how one can be as patient to catch just two bass in an hour.. where some wants more than that.... but hey.. one better than none correct?

I was planning on checking that place out Thursday morning.. let's hope they bite!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Sebago in the 70's and early 80's use to produce some real big fish. Back then catch and release was not as common and big stringers were taken. The biggest bass I personally saw/whittnessed caught on the lake was 7.02 by a friend of mine and mine was 6.8 many moons ago.
I spent 25 years experience on the lake and just hope guys are practicing C&R.
Your description there of what took place is typical for this time of year.
Steve A

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.