The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out Saturday & Sunday on the same reservoir but, out of different launch areas..

Saturday, from 630am-3pm..air temp was 50 and water temps were 73-75 all day..on my way driving in to the launch area there was a tree down across the road, so, I promptly called the DEP Police (since I was on DEP property)..the response from DEP was that its really a call for the highway department..and said, “I guess I will call them”..I was left a bit unhappy with the response I got..but whatever, I did what I thought I should do and report the situation..I then had to break some of the tree limbs off to barely squeak my truck by..and on a side note, the tree was still there when I left at 4pm..Now onto the fishing..the wind was mild for the first hour but grew stronger, quickly..there were huge gusts all day..which made things challenging..I had begun flipping and pitching plastics & jigs on deeper outside edge of weed lines (8’-10’) with zero luck..so, I backed off a bit and started marking fish in 13’-15’..ended up on a drop shot pattern..I was using custom Paul Krew paddle tail drop shot minnows with 1/8oz & 1/4oz pineapple weights..caught 4 quickly..nothing big but it was great to find a few in the same pattern..I then moved onto deep cranking bridge pilings..hooked into a big fish that I fought for a bit and lost boat side..ended up with another drop shot fish off the piling in very deep water.. I worked hard for 5 healthy +/-2lbers..

Sunday, I hit the same lake out of a different launch..was out from 7am-3pm..air temp was 52 and water temps were 73-75 all day..when I launched there was insane amounts of bait busting all around me..For an hour, I threw all I had and could not get a taker..very frustrating to say the least..I had planned to attack a few specific spots..so started working some submerged boulders/walls in weeds, offshore weedy humps and deeper weed lines (14’-18’) off rocky points and adjacent to deep water which was the ticket..the wind much more manageable and allowed me to work the areas I wanted to..again, nothing huge but ended up with 12 healthy +/-2lbers..caught on Texas-Rigged 9” worms (green pumpkin w/red flake) and 6” Zoom Lizards (black & blue)..I also lost a few drop shot fish in 18’..I employed a ton of techniques to find the pattern..I tried topwater, jigs, cranks, swimbaits & spinnerbaits..the only thing that produced was plastics..I had a great time, great weather & covered tons of water..Thanks for reading..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
50 degree air temps when you launched right? It warmed up down here it was like 80 by mid day. Seemed like Sunday was all about the Texas rig, got a few myself on it. Good report thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
50 degree air temps when you launched right? It warmed up down here it was like 80 by mid day. Seemed like Sunday was all about the Texas rig, got a few myself on it. Good report thanks for sharing.
yeah man..I was reporting the air temp at the time of the launch. It easily reached 80..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.