The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Urban Angler
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day of fishing in the new year. No fish but I did pick up 5 lost crankbaits. I think that is now 15 or so since autumn.

I read the post on new methods and wanted to try my hand at skipping. Worked my way around the 72nd street reservoir. Did not pick up any fish but really started to get the hang of this technique and can't wait to use it when the fish are closer to shore and hanging around rocks/trees/docks.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Skipping baits has produced alot of fish for me that are otherwise unreachable by regular casting, flipping, or pitching. It's a great technique to learn and a must if you are fishing water with lots of bass, but many are unreachable because of laydowns and docks.

Nice pics too.

·
Registered
240 Posts
CP

Wandy, they are still there, biting senkos and cranks. Rat-l-traps, even. The rock by the boathouse is popular, as is the rock by what used to be the reed island.

It was nice to be out today in the warm drizzle.

Here's a litttle one.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Not Far

Wandy,

The big visible rock at the Reed Island (or what once was the Reed Island) isn't but 20 or 30 feet off shore. There is a jumble of rocks that spills North underwater from there. There are always fish around.

At the Boathouse you can cast a big crankbait dang near to the other side.

See you at the lake...

Frankbee

·
Urban Angler
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
What is the name of the episode Mike

Just took a look at the episodes but none listed Doug Hannon.

The camera is my little point and shoot digicam I got for when I go fishing. i needed one rather than lugging around my digi-slr's. the little camera literally fit inside an altoids tin.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Great, MikeD

Great clip, MikeD, and it reminded me that the bass season is over. Oops. I guess I'll have to wait till spring like everybody else. FrankBee

·
Urban Angler
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MikeD

It did not load initially but I tried again. Great clip. I fish CP like I trout fish. I try to be stealthy. It helps that I am just shy of 5'6. I don't were bright colors, tread lightly, stay away from the water unless I am fishing it and try to go where access for most people is difficult so there is little foot traffic. Up in CP I should be more careful just for safety sake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts