The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I got to meet and talk bass fishing one on one with Skeet Reese - Professional Angler at the new Dick's Sporting Goods in S. Plainfield, NJ today.....If anyone I have ever met is a down to earth and humble man , Mr. Reese is that person....We talked about his childhood and growing up fishing w/ his dad and also I showed him some pics on my phone of fish I have caught and gave him the inside scoop on Muskie and Bass fishing in NJ, which he was interested in knowing about....The most valuable tip he gave me was big baits means big fish..... He was so nice and patient and it was a meeting I will always remember...Thank you for a pleasant experience Mr. Reese and have a nice flight home tonight.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Today I got to meet and talk bass fishing one on one with Skeet Reese - Professional Angler at the new Dick's Sporting Goods in S. Plainfield, NJ today.....If anyone I have ever met is a down to earth and humble man , Mr. Reese is that person....We talked about his childhood and growing up fishing w/ his dad and also I showed him some pics on my phone of fish I have caught and gave him the inside scoop on Muskie and Bass fishing in NJ, which he was interested in knowing about....The most valuable tip he gave me was big baits means big fish..... He was so nice and patient and it was a meeting I will always remember...Thank you for a pleasant experience Mr. Reese and have a nice flight home tonight.

I could have told you that ;)

and that is awesome. Im jelous.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best part is that only a handful of people showed up so I waited for others to finish and Skeet talked shop w/ me one on one for almost an hour.....And it wasn't just fishing we talked about even though he gave me some great secrets and tips....He talked about life in general w/ me, about family and travelling away from the family , and how his dad got him into fishing at an early age like myself, and THEN he was interested in NJ bass fishing I guess since the Bassmaster 2014 Classic is going to be on the Delawarem so I shared some of my experiences w/ him and he loved listening to me talk fishing.......I even showed him alot of pics on my phone and let him know my secret baits as well which he took great interest in...Baits he has never heard of or seen before...I couldn't believe it!!!.....Me hooking Skeet Reese up!!.....It was definately cool that he said some very nice things about our conversation and that I have great knowledge and enthusiasm about bass fishing...Coming from a Bass Pro fisherman, that meant alot to me....:)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW....I just woke up and got a facebook message from Skeet telling me how much he enjoyed talking w/ me....now That's cool!!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jerome....I appreciate the positive comments........Bruiser, lol, I thought the same thing that all of a sudden he has interest in NJ AFTER they announce the 2014 Classic on NJ water.....He confirmed it to me it's in NJ for sure.......

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe it's the Elite's that's going to be at the Delaware Flats in August 2014......I don't really follow the tournament trail too much but I know a few weeks ago, it was confirmed that a MAJOR tournament is going to in NJ with all the Bassmaster fisherman attending.....the Delaware River is going to be where it's at....I'll try searching and finding the links I saw....my bad

·
God Awful Angler
652 Posts
that's awesome. every pro we all have met are just cool dudes and so laid back. better then any stupid baseball, basketball, and NFL player by far!!! least these guys will talk to you like a human and take a picture!

frame that bad boy!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same here Anthony...alot of sports guys(MLB and NFL) are douchesm but not everyone.....So far in my years of meeting many pro anglers, I have had not one bad experience....thanks for your comment

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.