The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm am going to be upstate within the next week and wanted to do some fishing. This lake will be close to where I will be staying so I figure I'd give it a try. I heard there are northern pike in there is this true? Also how is the bass fishing? I will be shore fishing.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
258 Posts
They stock it with fish from the Alcove Reservoir (Albany's water supply) so you can catch just about anything I suppose including bass, pike, walleyes. I heard that they stocked it about a month ago but I can't confirm that. I haven't fished it in sometime so can't help you with an update. Some nice milfoil beds on the opposite shore if you can find a canoe.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I fished there years ago when I was working in the area. The last time I fished there was probably 15 or more years ago. It kind of sucked. I got a few small bass (really small, like 6-8 inches), small rock bass, small bluegills. One time I did manage a 3 pound largemouth. It looks really good though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I live not too far from there. It's a decent place for small fish including small LM bass. That's about it. It gets a ton of pressure from the banks and a bunch of people taking fish home. Your best bet is to fish the places where the bankers can't reach. Bring a canoe or kayak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.