The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I is gonna be a question if we have liquid water (or really thin hard water) if we can get out or not.....who is in? Should be a "snuggies day" (as Ted would say) with a high of 17 degrees!

One more day....

Seth V

·
Tinman
552 Posts
I'm game, but depending on how much snow we have, I might not be able to get the boat out from behind the house. I'll have to see how things look at the end of the week.

Assuming I can get the boat out, I'll have room for one more...

Fred

·
It's been a long time...
899 Posts
I want REVENGE! Count me in, please!

Pray for soft water! :eek:

Tight Lines...

·
Dragging Bass
2,657 Posts
By some sort of miracle that water remains "floatable", count me in.

With the relatively calm winds we had today, combined with temps in the mid 20's, you may find that water skimmed over by the time you get home :(

·
Wishin' I Was Fishin'
1,083 Posts
And I thought I was nuts!

SethV said:
I is gonna be a question if we have liquid water (or really thin hard water) if we can get out or not.....who is in? Should be a "snuggies day" (as Ted would say) with a high of 17 degrees!

One more day....

Seth V
I think you're probably stretching it!:D With predicted highs in the low teens and lows near zero, it's going to take an ice breaker to get a boat in the water. Ah, but you're a positive thinker!:beerchug:

C'ya on the water,
Ted
:letusfish

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think Ted's probably right, but in the case of a miracle and if there's room, I'm in.

We'll see . . .

·
Dragging Bass
2,657 Posts
BUT!!! It is supposed to be very windy over the next several days, which is not to conducive for ice formation.

Hey, you never know!!!

·
Dragging Bass
2,657 Posts
Seth, what are the current lake conditions?!?!

I doubt Saturday is an option, epecially with a daytime high of 10 degrees forecasted by the NWS.

BUT!!! How much ice has formed?

·
It's been a long time...
899 Posts
I've been wondering, too. Just a few hours of still air is probably all it will take to solidify that lake now.

Tight Lines...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still wide open.....the wind has been blowing hard out of the west. Lets hope the wind keeps going...although a nice North-South wind would help dragging on Saturday!! Rob is right, if it is calm even for a few hours, the water will be hard. 3 more days is all I ask....

Seth V

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is with deep sadness and regret that I must declare Conesus Lake "hard". She froze up last night when the wind went down, and unless we get some serious wind, we are done.

See ya'all in May....

Seth V

·
Dragging Bass
2,657 Posts
I figured last night was the night. My bird feeder in the back window stopped banging against the window, a sure sign the wind let up :D

Now we count the days until safe ice up in that north end! I see a few near, and below, zero nights coming up in the next few days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts