The New York Bass Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Ted went to Kensico at area #2 late sunday morning, only to be greeted by a bicycle guy parking his car in such a way as to take up 4 car spots. Now that`s pretty hard to do. So Ted asked the guy to please move his car so other people could park there. The guy obligued but they got into a conversation about the WESTCHESTER RESERVOIRS being for purposes of FISHING ONLY. Then TED asked him where he was going biking. Rt. #120 says the guy. So he`s parking illegally, then biking on a narrow 2 lane road with cars zipping by at 60 mph. Brilliant!!!
After wasting a 1/2 hour with this dingbat, Ted starts walking down the main path to the boats. He meets two guys who have just banged a pipe into the ground who made themselves a boat spot. Where is this PIPE?? Right dead center in the middle of the path, sticking up about 10" above ground level. Ted thought they looked Russian, so he told these guys they were going to give Russians a bad name.(Ted`s Russian) They laughed & said don`t worry, we are Polish. I guess that explains it.:laugh:
They welded a loop on the pipe to run their chain thru it. So now you poor guys in section # 2 have a choce of tripping over the chain or breaking your ankle when you hit the pipe sticking up. Should be a very interesting "TRIP" if you go in the dark.
After they left he noticed they had an `09 Boat sticker. These two jerk-offs probably don`t even know they have to update the decal every two years.
Last but not least another guy moved JohnG`s & Gregg`s boat over so they could easily acess the path. According to TED there is no way that John or Gregg can flip their boat over now as they are wedged between a previously placed boat & the moron who moved them over.
So what do we do? I won`t tell you what I would do, because I don`t want to go to jail. Best idea is to call Mike over at the DEP in Mahopac(914) 232-1309, & tell him what someone did to you. He will take care of it. He has in the past. Second option involves Jail time.( but.....):laugh: I`ve seen it all over the years, but it`s only getting worse.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Some foreigners come into this country and show NO respect. I commute to work daily on the subways. These people come in and start a conversation with each other that EVERYONE has tho hear it! And they're standing close to each other! Forget it if you're reading a book or newspaper!

You can't say " well, it's in their culture to talk extremely loud." BS because everyone around them gives them that look like shut the f**k up, they notice it but shrug it off and continue with their extremely loud conversation. Its simply rude & lack of consideration and respect.

You smack one in the mouth and you get locked up and I doubt the NYPD can do anything about it. Frustrating.

Sorry guys, this has nothing to do with fishing but I had to vent.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
My friend Ted went to Kensico at area #2 late sunday morning, only to be greeted by a bicycle guy parking his car in such a way as to take up 4 car spots. Now that`s pretty hard to do. So Ted asked the guy to please move his car so other people could park there. The guy obligued but they got into a conversation about the WESTCHESTER RESERVOIRS being for purposes of FISHING ONLY. Then TED asked him where he was going biking. Rt. #120 says the guy. So he`s parking illegally, then biking on a narrow 2 lane road with cars zipping by at 60 mph. Brilliant!!!
After wasting a 1/2 hour with this dingbat, Ted starts walking down the main path to the boats. He meets two guys who have just banged a pipe into the ground who made themselves a boat spot. Where is this PIPE?? Right dead center in the middle of the path, sticking up about 10" above ground level. Ted thought they looked Russian, so he told these guys they were going to give Russians a bad name.(Ted`s Russian) They laughed & said don`t worry, we are Polish. I guess that explains it.:laugh:
They welded a loop on the pipe to run their chain thru it. So now you poor guys in section # 2 have a choce of tripping over the chain or breaking your ankle when you hit the pipe sticking up. Should be a very interesting "TRIP" if you go in the dark.
After they left he noticed they had an `09 Boat sticker. These two jerk-offs probably don`t even know they have to update the decal every two years.
Last but not least another guy moved JohnG`s & Gregg`s boat over so they could easily acess the path. According to TED there is no way that John or Gregg can flip their boat over now as they are wedged between a previously placed boat & the moron who moved them over.
So what do we do? I won`t tell you what I would do, because I don`t want to go to jail. Best idea is to call Mike over at the DEP in Mahopac(914) 232-1309, & tell him what someone did to you. He will take care of it. He has in the past. Second option involves Jail time.( but.....):laugh: I`ve seen it all over the years, but it`s only getting worse.
You just can't make this s_ _ _ up . .......Gregg good luck with the morons .

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great will have to get up there and check on my boat.
Ted said the "Mover in on you" boat is losely chained. I would just move him back & put your boat where it previously was. He should get the idea. If not, I`d ... better not say. The lack of consideration of others is just getting unbelievable, & it`s not just the foreigners JoeyT. Todays up bringing of kids is a joke. The parents don`t discipline their children & school teachers can`t, for fear of their jobs. I was brought up in the "Spare the rod & spoil the child" theory time period. Kids were Taught to respect & consider others. MOST of todays parents couldn`t care less what their kids do in Restaurants, & other public places. They think it`s cute that kid(`s) are running around in these places creating all sorts of noise, throwing things, & disturbing everybody around them. When I go out to enjoy a dinner with my family, I ask to NOT be seated near little children. If any of these little monsters get near us I tell the parents to control their kids or get out. Of course they think there is something wrong with me, & out of that fear they move away.

·
WackyRig Making Toolmaker
2,621 Posts
Looks like the F&R fisherman have gone to boats:headshake, , bucket people goes Naval, bet they keep everything that hits a line.

·
Gone Fishin
1,212 Posts
Ted said the "Mover in on you" boat is losely chained. I would just move him back & put your boat where it previously was. He should get the idea. If not, I`d ... better not say. The lack of consideration of others is just getting unbelievable, & it`s not just the foreigners JoeyT. Todays up bringing of kids is a joke. The parents don`t discipline their children & school teachers can`t, for fear of their jobs. I was brought up in the "Spare the rod & spoil the child" theory time period. Kids were Taught to respect & consider others. MOST of todays parents couldn`t care less what their kids do in Restaurants, & other public places. They think it`s cute that kid(`s) are running around in these places creating all sorts of noise, throwing things, & disturbing everybody around them. When I go out to enjoy a dinner with my family, I ask to NOT be seated near little children. If any of these little monsters get near us I tell the parents to control their kids or get out. Of course they think there is something wrong with me, & out of that fear they move away.
lots of points here and not all fair Marty. but generalizations never are fair....In this case more than fair points against the boaters...but your rent against kids is over blown. Sure SOME kids are a mess, but that is on the parents like this jamook who's driving stakes into walk ways....
I have a 7 yr old that has better manners than most adults...he insists on bringing garbage bags and cleaning boat areas every time we go even though we find "the same mess next to the same boats" every time we go to Kensico. Some guy shouted at us recently at a restaurant when we were just sitting down and the kids didn't yet make a noise or utter a word. His reaction to simply seeing kids near him was unfounded and unfair. He set no example for the younger generation. I hope you give kids and others more of a chance than your writing seems to implicate.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I have been having problems with bicycle guys too..I have had plenty of confrontations with them..always wondered why they werent ticketed for parking in our spots..the parking is limited enough..and they dont hang a DEP tag or anything..why isnt that enforced..?

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been having problems with bicycle guys too..I have had plenty of confrontations with them..always wondered why they werent ticketed for parking in our spots..the parking is limited enough..and they dont hang a DEP tag or anything..why isnt that enforced..?
Good point. Call the Dep Police at (914) 593-7500 if you see a problem. A few $100 fines for tresspassing will get the word around that they shouldn`t park there.

lots of points here and not all fair Marty. but generalizations never are fair....In this case more than fair points against the boaters...but your rent against kids is over blown. Sure SOME kids are a mess, but that is on the parents like this jamook who's driving stakes into walk ways....
I have a 7 yr old that has better manners than most adults...he insists on bringing garbage bags and cleaning boat areas every time we go even though we find "the same mess next to the same boats" every time we go to Kensico. Some guy shouted at us recently at a restaurant when we were just sitting down and the kids didn't yet make a noise or utter a word. His reaction to simply seeing kids near him was unfounded and unfair. He set no example for the younger generation. I hope you give kids and others more of a chance than your writing seems to implicate.
OK, So you have a good kid. For every good kid I`ll bet their are 10 bad ones. You`ve allready proven that point. The guy at the restaurant was reacting to what is more common when kids sit by them. Yes, it`s unfair to you & your kid, because you have taught him well. Generally, I try to stay away from families with kids, but if one sits down next to us, I wait until I make judgement. If the kid is unruly, I yell at the parents, not the kid. What is wrong with todays world is there are just too many people who don`t consider others. That comes from their parents & the parents before them. If your brought up right, there is no problem for anyone. How about the kids with the Boom Boxes or the car radio on so loud that it annoys everybody? Just too much of that, which also leads to other areas of life, such as idiotics moving in on your boat spot. It`s all related. No offense meant toward your kid. Just a rant about how things seem to be these days.

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll agree with you if you replace "kid" with "person:!!!! LOL!

Common courtesy is at an all time low.... And age has little to do with it.
:laugh: Yeah, We agree!:laugh: But remember kids are people too.:laugh: Nothing like being in a Restaurant & someones kids are running up & down the aisles of tables while the parents sit there enjoying their food while everyone else but them are annoyed. MANY parents today go out to get away from their kids. They get away from them by sicking them on everyone else & simply ignore them. That`s what I call a lack of consideration for others. Just too many of those folks nowadays.
Ronnie & I discuss this all the time. We love kids, but not unruly kids.
Ronnie grew up going to Catholic School. You learned quickly that if you did wrong you got wacked across the knuckles with a ruler. I`m so old they used to that to me in my Bronx elementary school two Centuries ago. The answer is we learned. A teacher does that now & they go to jail. Spare the rod & the whole world is screwed up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Show the little munchkins what happens when they misbehave, back hand their parents into next week then run.LOL I'm with you Lunker I was taught at a young age, with reinforcement when needed, you learn.
My home waters has a bait shop that does a big business with rental boats, I was skipping under some willows one day catching fish, a rental boat saw me catch one and came over and dropped their anchor so close to me I could reach over and take their gear. I moved, they did the same thing again, I left in disgust. If it happens again I'll pull their plug and leave.
Rodney

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Oh boy, Catholic school, nuns and wooden rulers, been there and done that. The knuckles hurt but the open palm stung like all hell. LOL. The last time my wife and I were at a Red Lobster some jerks came in with unruly kids so we took everything home in a doggy bag, total crap.

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My buddy Ted talked to the DEP today about The Iron post the POLISH guys put in the ground at area #2 at Kensico. Mike at the DEP in Mahopac said it is ILLEGAL to put any post in the ground to secure your boat. He asked Ted to check if the post is still there. If anyone sees it there please call the DEP at (914) 232-1309. Post & boat will be removed.
Yesterday , Ronnie, Andy & Myself were having dinner at a Friendly`s Restaurant. The Kids were "KIDS GOING WILD" all over the place. One kid tried pulling the lever down on the fire alarm. Fortunately he was too small & not strong enough. They were jumping over the benches & harrassing the people in the booth`s next to them. Parents ignored them while eating their dinner. Luckily we were far enough away so we didn`t k---..... one of them.
That`s todays world for you.

·
Life is good !
3,757 Posts
As much of a frustration to see the "ME GUY " position the boat to block others . Many good Ideas which might all work to create the Smith & the Jones war on the home res. A simple note to move to another location taped on the boat. If that does not do the trick . Cut the chain and away the boat in the res to create a new home for the green ones to live .

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.