The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
21,721 Posts
The guy who started selling these lures (they are realistic looking topwater lures shaped like baby birds), turned this into a small time cottage industry after he had gotten some nice write ups in various publications......

I met RON many many moons ago at one of the original 2 day BASS seminars that they used to hold at Pace University Environmental center back in the late 80s.....

Ron was a dedicated reservoir fisherman back then, with Croton being his main haunt......nice guy....

·
Will work for Smallmouth
2,394 Posts
If it is thornwood lures you are looking for, they have a website where you can order them.....Just type in Thornwood lures and the website should come up.....I purchased some crankbaits from them this past year......I was on the site the other day and it is still taking orders......I believe the site is thornwoodlures.com.....Hope this helps....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was up in binghamton for the weekend, a couple of guys were talking about RONNIE BIRD lures, now i dont know if they are related to thornwood lures or not but it caught my attention. supposedly theyre great for pike , musky, walleye and lunker bass. i will check out thornwood lures , thanx.
a little report; the susquehanna was about 9' above normal water levels so the fishing there was non- existent. i headed to whitney point lake and that made up for everything plenty of small mouths with a few walleye in between. the biggest smallie i caught was 3#. used on a 3/8 oz. flourescant green jig and flourescant green grub. had to go heavy with the jig cause of the wind. it was brutal with ice instead of showers every now and then but it was worth it. i just wish the reservoirs in putnam/ westchester were just as diverse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts