The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lousy Bass Angler
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the DEC website they speak of a fishing pier that's located over some prime fishing spots in the Northeast area of the lake off of shore drive, but the only pier I see is at the southernmost corner. Is that the pier or am I missing something?

That pier is nowhere near shore drive anyway.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi,

There was another floating dock on the north end of the lake, the Islip end. For some reason the town of Islip decided to take it out of the water. It's still there but it's up on the beach.

Thanks,
Charlie Y

·
Registered
798 Posts
The floating dock used to be just west of bavarian inn..yes the old poles are still there..it was removed when the lake flooded a few yrs ago.it was accessible through the county park or crossing the bridge from the bavarian inn..it was removed because it was not accessible when it was flooded..no idea why it was not put back up when the lake level went back down..

·
Lousy Bass Angler
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Years ago the fishing off that pier used to be great. I caught some of my best fish there (largemouth, smallmouth, walleyes). It was a great fishing spot.

That's what the dec website claims, that it's right over one of the better fishing spots in the lake. What do we have to do to get them to put this pier back guys?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts