The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has used the coordinates given for the stumps placed in Ronk ten years ago. I was part of the group of guys from LIB who put the stumps in and we were given a really nice book highlighting the project. I've heard that the stumps didnt really help the bass population the way it had been projected and over the years I've fished else where. Anyway, my interest to fish Ronk has grown and so I pulled out the old booklet with the cooridinates and plugged a few into my phone's GPS and I was surprised to see how off they were. So, I called DEC and had the pdf file sent to me and they ended up being the same coordinates I orinally had. Has anyone else had this problem? Or is it my phone? Do I need an actual GPS device to get a more accurate reading? Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks, Aaron

·
Lousy Bass Angler
122 Posts
site 1 40deg 49' 46 sec N, 73deg 07' 34sec W
site 2 deg and min. same, 51 sec N, 29 sec W
site 3 50 sec N, 15 sec W
site 4 45 sec N, 8 sec W
site 5 27 sec N, 8 sec W
site 6 28 sec N, 24 sec W
site 7 38 sec N, 27 sec W
site 8 37 sec N, 36 sec W

That's what I have.

·
"Jigg'in""
117 Posts
Dude Ronk is fishing great except the ole broken down stumps really are not the promising bass spots. Ronk has been alive though for the last couple of years

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.