The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out on Ronkonkoma this morning from 7 to 10. Windy as all he'll, but I took the drive so might as well try. Managed 3 largemouth between 1.5 and 3 lbs and a walleye about 3 lbs. Slow, bottom presentation was key.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Fished Ronk this morning for 3 hours for 2 crappie. Caught both on gulp minnows and jigheads.Threw everything in the box both deep and shallow. Spoke to another guy trolling lures and he said he caught 2 walleye. Water seemed a bit dirty. I just can't figure this place out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You need to put time in at ronk. I have put my time in there and have been rewarded big time with bass and walleye. It is an extremely tough lake.
Have you fished there recently? If so, glad to hear there are some good fish in this lake. I've caught at Ronk in past years but no numbers or size. My electronics were showing what appeared to be fish but I have to figure out how to catch them. Didn't see much structure off the shoreline at Ronk.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was out there at Ronk on the kayak Saturday morning too and can attest that the water was pretty rough at times. Only managed some crappie and white perch on 3-inch crankbaits. Sunday I went out again and had 2 largemouth bass on a Carolina rigged 7-inch Power Worm, and again caught some white perch on crankbaits.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The last time I was at ronk was about a week ago and had 4 LM in the morning and then the bite died by noon. Me am my friend went jigging white perch after that an ha about 40. Also had 3 small walleye, a big bullhead, and 2 small smallies.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah that was me near the ramp. Earlier I actually was way out near the other end of the lake, but decided to come back near the ramp when the wind and the waves picked up. Of course, as soon as I paddled all the way back the wind died down!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.