The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still not sure how I did it but I had a combo go overboard in Candlewood Wednesday . While I was fishing in the Sherman Arm in 22 fow my St. Croix Legend tournament 7' medium baitcaster with a less then one year old Chronarch LH went over . I almost cried. I was sick to my stomach for two hours as I tried to snag it with no success.

If anyone catches it I'll pay a reward ! Contact me

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
that sucks man... it's happened to me way too many times... i learned a trick recently that can help you retrieve a rod if it drops overboard... i never thought of this until a viewer of lunkerville submitted it as a tip.

keep a chain stringer and a marker buoy on board... if your rod goes overboard, throw a maker buoy immediately... then open up all the clips on the chain stringer except the main one... get your heaviest rod with the heaviest line and tie it to the main clip on the stringer... drag the bottom with the chain stringer to try to snag the rod.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tied up a rig with three trebles and casted and dragged for two hours no dice. I did throw a marker as soon as it went over and marked it on my GPS.

Does anyone know someone who scuba divers I'll hire them.

Why couldn't it have fallen over in shallower water? I was so tempted to jump in but 22 fow 76 degrees surface temp is kinda deep for me.

Does anyone have a underwater camera I could rent?

Rich

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
wow....would be something if it gets retrieved by a diver! LOL....

I've lost two overboard over the years, one of which I was able to get back....similarly, the one I didn't retrieve was in about 20 feet of water...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Been there ... done that... last year i set my rod down to take a picture of my Grandsons big smallie... snapped about 10 shots to make sure i got at least one good one... turned around and My Loomis worm rod with a Shimano CI4 reel was gone:crybaby::badmood: we tried to snag it with big treble hooks and weights... but nothing

here is his big fish ...didn't put a scale onit But I gave it 5 pounds

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.