The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dragging Bass
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like [email protected] and I are teaming up and making the trip east this Saturday for Iceman's "Snowball Open" on the Mohawk. I have only been the the Mohawk once, and that was a few years ago for the Federation CTE held there. I had a great time then, and have always been looking for a good excuse to get back there. I believe this will be Joe's first time there. With no prefishing time, this should be interesting! I have a feeling we should be able to put some fish in the boat though :D

Looking forward to the trip Joe!

·
It's been a long time...
899 Posts
Joe's a great fella. You two will hit it off well fishing together. Best of success to you two out there! Have a safe trip, buddy.

Tight Lines...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Noel and Joe,

I hope you guys have a great time! Any excuse to fish a tournament, huh Noel?:D

Looking forwars to your report.

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Noel: do you keep a record of how many tournies you actually do in a year?? It has to be WAY up there...let us know.....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good luck guys! I have to say I am glad you are goin' away...that means you won't be fishing the Honeoye Open this weekend! I may have a shot at it now! Dang, I just remembered Ted is fishing it.....well, 2nd is ok.....:D

John. If I recal right, last year Noel and I fished about the same number of Tx. We fish some similar stuff, but he does the Fed and I do BFL but it works out about the same. Last year I did 41 and this year I am up to 38 and counting!!!

Seth V

·
Wishin' I Was Fishin'
1,083 Posts
Dang, I just remembered Ted is fishing it
Yeah, I'll be there! :D But, you know as well as I that it's anybody's game on Honeoye. It's the team that gets that one kicker that makes the difference.

Wow! You're scaring me! We fish that many tournaments in a season?:confused: Let's see...... I've fished a tournament EVERY weekend since May, and a lot of those weekends I did both Saturday and Sunday. Yikes! That's a bunch!! Gotta love it!

C'ya on the water,
Ted

·
Dragging Bass
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John, click on the below link, it has ALL my stats for tournaments this year. Looks like I am up to 31 tournament days this season. Seth has a few more of those Tuesday nighters than me this year, because I was squeezing in some time late in the summer to build a barn at my house.

http://www.wnybass.com/aboutme/

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
wnybassman said:
click on the below link, it has ALL my stats for tournaments this year.

http://www.wnybass.com/aboutme/
I'm particularly intrigued by you first tourney on May 4th..........Two fish (that's a limit in May), over 10 pounds and you came in 23rd!!!! What da heck did the other 22 people catch??? :eek: .I think you guys are over feeding those smallies up there.

I just gotta take a road trip in that direction one of these days.

·
Dragging Bass
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JP, a pair of 5's just doesn't cut it anymore in those early season opens. You need at least one 6, if not a pair of them to cash these days.

·
Wishin' I Was Fishin'
1,083 Posts
You need at least one 6, if not a pair of them to cash these days.
In the event on Erie on May 4th, Andy and I had 12.74# (both fish over 6 lbs.) and finished 3rd. The common belief is that these fish are feeding on the Goby. Whatever it is, they are "pigs" and we love it! :D

C'ya on the water,
Ted

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
this is what its about!!

great to hear someone is hitting the road for something new to fish, that is what boards like this is all about!! I'm at 30 tournaments but 4 are 2 dayers and 1 is a bfl. still got 2 more to go!! its a long winter so I think fishing alot of events is just what the doctor ordered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts