The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw The Return of The King the day after Christmas.
Excellent movie. I don't know who's vision I appreciate more, Tolkien for the idea of it or Peter Jackson for making it real.
Afterwards I was home thinking about the movie and I realized that it was over. The trilogy was over. Nothing to look forward to. It's amazing but they were able to give a great many people at least a few years of excitement.

·
Frogaholic for life!
768 Posts
They should make The Hobbit. Since it is a story unto its own. I would love to see what Jakson's interpretation of Beorn would be. Not to mention Thorin and the Arkenstone and Mirkwood and the Lonely Mountain and Smaug!!
I think I'll go read The Hobbit...... for the forth time (haven't read it in atleast 20 years!)

:cool:

:beerchug: :beerchug:

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
it would be a natural for him to do the Hobbit, for sure.....a story unto it's own as they said......

the excitement is not over though! not if you own the extended version DVD's ....they are a pleasure to re-watch.....

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
John, I am bringing the Wife to Return this Thursday so she asked if we could watch the Two Towers so we watched the extended version. My wife as a casual observer couldnt understand why that stuff was cut out of the theater version, she liked it better on DVD.

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
well, she will LOVE all 3 and a half hours of the Part 3 that is out now...

un-extended, 3 1/2 hours running time!

how long will the extended version be?? and they are going to have one, they already said it........

·
MIA
526 Posts
Pugs

The third movie may have been made but the trilogy will never be over.
I have read the Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy practically yearly since 1969! My original paperback books were bought in 1970 and having been through myself and my kids are falling apart. The wife bought me a really nice bound hardcover set to replace them.
With the vividness of the story and characters, I'd suggest re-reading the entire set to relive that "excitement". Enjoy.

Rich

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Rich, I have three sets of the Trilogy. I can almost trace my life with those sets, the first coming in 1980 and the last in 1996.

·
Frogaholic for life!
768 Posts
okay, okay... I have 3 sets of the Trilogy as well.

People just kept buying them for me.

Sister bought me Tolkien Illustrated.

You guys ever read The Silmarillion, like the bible of Middle Earth

:cool:

:beerchug: :beerchug:

·
MIA
526 Posts
OK, OK

I bow to my fellow Tolkien fans.. LOL.
I had The Silmarillion but loaned it out and never got it back. Forgot who had it! I'll have to get a new copy.

Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts