The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HiYa Kids HiYa HiYa
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on doing some ice fishing. I made a post on Iceshanty.com and asked about locations close to LI that were upstate. I got a few replies that listed some reseviors, I was told that I would need a permit. Does anyone know what type of permit and where I get one.
Thanks, Barry

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
spel chec?

Hay Padalin....

wats ap wid de spell cop routine?

from now on, you better watch your posts....Ill be checking them too....:D

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
Barry - You need a Watershed permit from the NYC DEP.

I know they have a web site , and I think you can download the application. Will try to come back on with
the address.

Keep in mind , not all Resv`s or open tp ice fishing.

G

·
Joe P

This is why I asked Mike about a spell checker for posts here on this board. If you'd like to help me too, I'd welcome the constructive feedback.

·
HiYa Kids HiYa HiYa
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pete thank you for the info. I believe that it is a access permit. I am going to go to the site you gave me.
I try to please everyone for those who are frustrated english majors this is for u (lol)

·
HiYa Kids HiYa HiYa
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pete Thank you again I downloaded the application.
Barry

·
Registered
100 Posts
we all have "typos" now and then-

why make an issue out of a mispelled word or gramatical error-who really gives a rats [email protected]#-

its the content of the post that matters-

we know what the person is trying to say-

lighten up-

barry-I guess you are going to get to use that ice fishing equipment you took off my hands!!

good luck!!---enjoy!!

G

·
It is just good common sense

If you had children in a school system you would expect the same. Why not strive to be better ourselves?

·
Administrator
11,528 Posts
Palidan

Mike is looking into a spell checker till then may I recomend ispell plug in for Internet Explorer. Here's a link

http://www.iespell.com/

Good thing about ispell being an IE plugin is it works everywhere this site and others it's part IE not the site.

·
HiYa Kids HiYa HiYa
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BobN, Yes I can't wait to start using it I just got a 3 man shelter. As far as spelling Paladin you happen to be correct. But i type with one FAT FINGER so at times I will hit letters that are next to each other. And also I graduated from high school in 1965 not that I'm using that as an excuse but as long as people can unserstand my point and no one is insulted that is all that care about. Happy New year to all.

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Bob; I have corrected some of our younger posters when their spelling is atrocious....

in some cases, if the spelling is bad enough, it does distract one from the content of the post.....

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
one word mispelled should'nt be an issue.

I could point out a lot of threads started by our prominent posters with mispellings....

Yeah, I notice them...but would I go out of my way to correct it?....Certainly not....

Joe

·
HiYa Kids HiYa HiYa
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please lets not make a big deal of this!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts