The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just signed Pokey Reese to a one year contract.....

losing Walker, another 25 homer, 80 RBI cowboy up clone, will not really affect them, what will affect them is the addition of a Golden Glove second baseman with speed.......

now the Sox will have Damon and Reese leading off, great great speed in the table setting department.......

Boston is pushing all the right buttons, but couldn't close on the A-Rod Deal because the baseball union [email protected]#$ed it up.......

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
with or without A-rod, the Red Sox has got to be the favorite for the AL....

·
Registered
365 Posts
For the first time in a long time it is good to be a Red Sox fan! I keep waiting for the Evil Empire to strike!!!!!!

·
1,252 Posts
The Rangers and Bosox are talking in terms of hundreds of millions of dollars. There is plenty of room for them to negociate w/out blaming it all on the union. Neither side wanted to give anymore so they couldn't make a deal happens every day in the business world.

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exactly Paul: the deal could be done in a heartbeat....all they have to say is: okay, switch, I pay your man what is owed him and you pay mine...

PERIOD!

you are going for vast millions anyway, what is the difference at this point?

the Sox are on the verge of being one of the greatest teams ever assembled in modern ages....just go for it.....

they will be in contention , seriously, for the next 5 years if they get A-Rod and Ordonez to go along with what they have......

·
Registered
86 Posts
What have they done to bolster their pitching ?...

I haven't heard anything on that front...I think that's where any team in the AL east can improve a great deal...

Their offense couldn't be any better than it was this past year...They hit the crap out of the ball, and rallied as a genuine team...So, I dont see what big improvement another bad attitude player like A-rod would do their club in place of a quality guy like Garcy...And that's plus or minus Ramirez, another shithead in the league......I think A-rod would give the team an imbalance...But, I am not a Bosox fan and only follow them from an adversary perspective as they oppose the Yankees...

Mark D

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
What have they done to bolster their pitching ?...

C'mon Mark they got Vasquez....he should win 30 games next year...that way his lifetime record will be above .500.

·
Registered
105 Posts
love met fans that have to root for the sox

being your team has been crap for a couple years now, all you have to be happy for is that the red sox have a better team than the yankees. oh and you signed a guy who strikes out 300x and a japanese guy with spiked hair. merry christmas

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
I was told tonite that the Yanks HAVE signed Kenny Lofton to a 2 year deal @ 6 mil a year. Hows this for a line up?

1) Lofton
2) Jeter
3) Williams
4) Giambi
5) Sheffeild
6) Posada
7) Matsui
8) Boone
9) Soriano

Hows this for a pitching rotation?

1) Moose
2) Brown
3) Wells
4) Vasquesz
5) Contreras

Leiber in reserve or as a starter!

Bullpen;

Contreras or Leiber
Gordon
Quantrell
Heredia
White
DePaula
Karsay
Mo Rivera

Bring on the Red Sox! They're gonna need a lot more than Just A-Rod.

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
I Dont think thats going to happen, but if it does George will just buy some other big name like he usually does.

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
a little confusion here: I believe Craig , that Basserachi was referring to the Red sox, not the Yankees as far as adding pitching......

Mark: the Sox added Curt Schilling and for their bullpen, Foulke, who led the American league in saves last year.......

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Not only what are you going to do when Bernie and Giambi breakdown but what are you gonna do when Brown and Wells breakdown replace them with the same Jon lieber that has been hurt for the last 14 months? The one area I like about the Yanks is the pen adding Flash and Quantrill were very smart moves.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Let's talk lineups:

Damon
Pokey
Nomah
Weird Manny
Ortiz
Cowboy Up Millar
Trot
Mueller
Varitek

I'll take this with Pedro, Shill and Lowe on the mound and Foulke to finish!!!!!!!!!

50 days to the start of spring training!

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
"George will just buy some other big name like he usually does."

Chewy, I do not route for the redsox. The above statement is why I dislike the Yankkes so much. Buy, buy, buy....no homegrown players out of that organization for some time now. That is why their practices are bad for baseball. Small markets can't afford to keep their good players because the Yankees offer them salaries that are almost the small market teams yearly budget! When this ultimately comes to a head and there is a strike, things may take a long time to fix....feel good about a 6 million dollar a year player batting 9th.

·
Registered
105 Posts
that was a general statement about alot of met fans i know. actually thinking about it more you should root for the sox being they gave you a world series.

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Craig,
When you stop to think about it...what teams really have a lot of home grown players these days? Not the Yanks or Mets or Boston. I do thinks its gotten to be a sad state of affairs that all the ball clubs seem to be "buying" their teams rather than "farm raising" them.

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the Yankees won their recent championships when their homegrown talent peaked.....Bernie, Jeter , Posada and Petitte.......

since then , they have added another home grown talent, Soriano to the lineup......

the rest has been supplemented by trade and free agency.......

so you really can't accuse the Yanks of not using home grown talent, that is not accuarate at all.......

and what the hell is the difference anyway to a fan as long as you win?

the Florida Marlins have won two World Series now within the last, what, 6 or 7 years and both were with patchwork teams.......

all I care about is that I can watch a winning team....I couldn't give two shites whether it came from the farm system or from overspending money......as long as the product on the field is enjoyable to watch........

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
John, I don't know about the Mets or the Yankees but the Red Sox always mention thier "Home grown" talent in promo's and even in T.V spots. I agree it's nice to have local kids and home grown talent on your major league roster but I would not care if the Sox brought in 23 players from other teams if it brought us to Winning the World Series.

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Leigh, last years Mets team featured a boatload of young homegrown players. Reyes, Wiggington, Perez, Garcia, Duncan, Gonzalez, Heilman, Roberts. I know I'm missing a few.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts