The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all and I have a good story to go along with it which in turn provided me with my biggest Smallmouth of the year. I purchased my first Rapsody Rod this Spring after seeing advertisements on this site and reading customer reviews. I went with the Worminator Hot Rod Series and could not be any happier. At that time there was a 20% off deal for nybass members so I took advantage of that and picked it up for $80. It was at my door step within a few days and rigged up to go chase some bass. This rod quickly become my go to rod as I often fish soft plastic and it just felt right. Last Wednesday, I ended up snapping this rod on my boat but not in the act of fishing. I emailed the company explaining what had happened and even though this was a fault of mine they had no problem sending me a replacement. I could not be more relieved. I had also stained my hat that came with the rod I purchased so I asked if I could buy a new one but they again said no cost and sent a new hat also. I sent my old rod back on Saturday and had a new one at my door on Wednesday. (I was little worried because I have a tournament on Saturday but there shipping times are incredible.) So with the replacement rod in my hands I was ready to head out for a few hours in search of some fish. My buddy Luke and I decided to head to Red Lake in Theresa and try our luck. The Smallmouth were surfacing all over the place and we were able to boat quite a few by casting when they showed themselves. At around 8:00, I ran into this one that went just over 20 inches and 4 pounds 2 ounces.

The customer service through Bob Penicka has been amazing and I could not be happier with my Rapsody Rod purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice fish and report. That's one big smallie!!! I know what you mean when you say that the rod just feels right. I've got some old hand me down rods that I just can't part with...because they just feel right.

·
Catching is better...
4,643 Posts
Way to go Andrew!!!

Congratulations on your catch and because your catch was caught using a Rapsody Rod and was large enough to earn a spot on the nybass.com Big Bass Board you have earned $50 dollars off your next purchase thanks to Rapsody Fishing's Big Bass Bash program.

I pm'd you your coupon code, which can be used at www.rapsodyfishing.com

Congrats again... and thanks for fishing RED.

(FYI - Rapsody's Big Bass Bash is a no cost program to enter, just need to catch a bass big enough to qualify for the nybass.com Big Bass Board, put up a report with a picture of you holding your bass and Rapsody Rod. You can earn $50 off your next rod purchase...

AND IF THE LARGEST BASS (either largemouth or smallmouth) ON THE BOARD AT THE END OF 2013 WAS CAUGHT USING A RAPSODY ROD....$250 cash bonus.

If you are in the market for a new rod, give them a try... if you have any questions about the rods, suggestions, or inquires about this program or other programs you can pm me or email me at [email protected]

GOOD FISHING!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.