The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be up that way this weekend. I have a 14' John with a 25HP outboard on the back and a 74 up front. Is this too big to fish the river from the Narrowsburg ramp? I can't take out downriver as I'll be alone. Any help here? If I can't get in there I was thinking of trying Mongaup Falls. I drove by it this spring and was struck by its beauty. Anybody familiar with it?
Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
If you launch at Narrowsburg you can go upstream about a 1/2 to 3/4s of mile and drift back, you can also drrift downsteam about the same until the next riffle. Just be careful a lot of rocks, water is very deep under the bridge but there is a rock ledge out across from the ramp. Good luck, I have a float trip there in three weeks, the river has been fishing well as of late.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hit the Narrowsburg ramp on Sunday Am and the water was low. I checked out the ramp and it looked like I would have to back my whole truck into the water. Now I had passed Lake Huntington and seen smallies blowing up on sawbellies as I passed it so I decided to change the game in mid swing> Back to Lake Huntington I go. The alewives are still on top and occasionally erupting. I followed the schools throwing a spoon and swimbaits, no hits. I hit the docks at the sw corner for largies and notice the occasion break. I kept the boat at 10 feet and with a spook landed a 2-12 smallie and dropped another nice fish fishing the spook over 10-12' of water. Found the LMBs in 14' for water or about 5 ' deeper that the weedline on jigs for 4fish, 12-14". Nice morning. I never thought to throw the A-rig at those alewife schools til after I got off the water, maybe next year. I'll get to the river soon. Thanks for all of the advice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.