The New York Bass Forums banner

Putting a boat on ashokan res

786 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Rich 
Hi, sorry late to this thread, but I have a boat on the West Basin and used to fish the East Basin years ago when my Father had a boat on that side. Glad to hear you got it set up. Are you on the East or West basin? As already mentioned, lots of smallies. If you are interested in trout, there are some nice trout also, but they can be tricky and it's helpful if you have a fishfinder to find the depth that they are hanging out at. Also I know its late, but on the dep website, they have angler maps that show all of the storage locations (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/pdf/maps/angler/angler_maps.pdf). Anyway, if you are interested in targeting trout, I can probably help you out with some techniques that my father and I have learned over time...

I was actually thinking of heading up there tomorrow morning myself.

It is a huge lake to explore and I have typically fished for trout up there, but tomorrow wanted to explore a spot I haven't been to to see if I can find some LMB.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.