The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my daughter out this afternoon in a canoe I haven't used in years. TStorms just passed and a few more were on the way. Perfect timing I figured for some local lake canoe action. Stiff winds greeted us as we paddled to a protected cove. Water was bubbling, lilly pads were moving, clouds were cruising by as the warm air circled. Landed my first cast by the pad line, the small soft plastic was greeted by a submerged wave. Reeling in frantically to set the hook, only to realize the fish was swimming towards the boat, I finally landed a nice 4#class lm. The texas rigged hook well embedded in the gullet. Some tactiful maneuvering through the gills and she was free, bloodless and all.
Next up was a cookie cutter 2# which swam through 9lbs of lake mung. All the while my daughter is getting bites but no hook ups.
As we coast the SW winds to the ramp, she gets rocked. Pulling under the canoe and free again, she lands a beauty 3# LM. Great 1.5hr mini trip out with my little girl, who will be 10 in 2 weeks. Where does the time go? :fishing:

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She's really taken to bass fishing, lucky for me. We had an action packed weekend in Maine on memorial day. Great fishing weather as it rained the whole time. Here was a nice 3# sm she landed there. Bass were caught on spinnerbaits, senkos and crankbaits in 5-10fow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts