The New York Bass Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
LAke Survey fishing maps.

I have a Lake Survey book with all lakes in NJ in it and info about them. Pompton Lakes is 204 acres as someone said, Municipal owned, says there are outboards allowed and it does not give a HP limit in this book. It says NO boat ramp but it does say BOAT LIVERY, so i am assuming that means "simple ramps" and nothing formally made for it.

This book also rates the fish species and how abundant they are. SMB,Perch, Catfish, Carp and Sunfish are high on the list and then LMB are not as abundant as Muskie and Pike. This might have changed so it might be off.

Just thought I would throw that in.

Steve

Anyone has any other questions about NJ lakes let me know and I will see if this book can answer them.

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have that book as well and its data on Pompton Lake is rather confusing..isnt it?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I would have to agree..

that the book or line of books is confusing.. I had it with it with me one time up on Monksville when I got stopped, the ranger wanted to make sure I knew that my 30 hp motor could not be used there.. I told him I knew and thats why I had the 9.9 on. Showed him the book and he said he has heard alot of good and bad things regarding it..

·
Registered
16 Posts
WILL DEFINATELY LET U GUYS KNOW HOW I DID.IHAVE THE SAME BOOK AND THERE IS NO HP RESTRICTION,WHICH SUPRISED ME.SO I ALSO WENT TO THE DEPT FISH AND WILDLIFE FOR NJ FOR A 2ND OPINION.THEY ALSO CONFIRM THAT THERE IS NO HP RESTRICTION SO I'M NOT WORRIED.BRINGING A PRINTOUT JUS IN CASE.HOPE THE FISHIN IS GOOD.

BEST OF LUCK THIS WEEKEND

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a friend who works with me that that practically lives on Pompton. He tells me that there is no horsepower restriction for the lake. Him and his buddies catch big Pike and Crappie, they ice fish it as well.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra
1,841 Posts
No HP restrictions....but maybe a speed restriction

I seem to remember a speed limit on the lake. I ran my 90hp with no problem but I didn't go very fast....it isn't that big anyway. The Lake Survey book is ok, but outdated. There is a new ramp/parking area on the upper part of the lake. I haven't used it yet but it looks good. I don't have a club tournament there until September so I won't be on it for a while but there is alot of crap in PL to flip. Good luck....Mark

21 - 28 of 28 Posts