The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys can anybody recommend some lakes and ponds to fish 1-2 hours north of NYC? I plan on taking a kayak or small pelican bass boat. Not looking for anyone's honey holes just looking for some guidance. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Mohansic Lake in FDR park off the Taconic in Yorktown rents boats..its about an hour..
also..Fahnstock State Park off Taconic also rents boats..
also..Bear Mountain State Park..Lake Hessain rents boats..
and also look into Harriman State Park..
run a search on the forum..there is a ton of local info on this site..

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Mohansic Lake in FDR park off the Taconic in Yorktown rents boats..its about an hour..
also..Fahnstock State Park off Taconic also rents boats..
also..Bear Mountain State Park..Lake Hessain rents boats..
and also look into Harriman State Park..
run a search on the forum..there is a ton of local info on this site..

I have had some fabulous fishing at Lake Hessian, but the weekends are crazy with people picnicking.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
You have to go far enough from the city that ghetto doesn't go. I used the fish hessian but man what a mess

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
What are the best resoviors in Westchester and Putnam to fish for Bass from the shore?
at this time of the year, when bass are getting shallower due to spawning season approaching, any of the waters can be productive from shore...

most of them have hard type bottoms which enables you to get out a few yards if you have waders, which helps tremendously to avoid overhead trees and brush, so that you can cast properly....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.