The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just booked a few days off work to head north to Blind River(town) to fish the mississauga River for Pinks. I haven't been there in a couple of years. Its all shore fishing, these are smal fish ...about 5 to 7 pounds but are a blast to catch... and there are 1000's of them you litterly can catch them till your arm feels like its going to fall off :fishing:

I'm looking forward to 4 days of relaxation and fishing ...the best thing about this trip is that the cottage I rented is a 100 yards away from one of the best fish spots on the river. I'll be leaving at the end of Sept... once all the Bass tournys are over...I'm pumped :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, you fish for Musky, Pike,Bass & now Pinks in the summer. What do you do on the winter? Play Hockey?:laugh:
Ice fish ... here in the Ottawa Area and we make a few trips to the Lower Niagara in ther winter and drift fish for Browns and Rain bows. On my bucket list is to head to Mexico for those giant strain of bass.... one year :)

I'll be doing a full report when I get back. This weekend is Quailifier number 5 to make the fall classic in my Bass Series. I'll be fishing with my Partner on Big Rideau Lake

·
Registered
239 Posts
Now those are some oddly shaped fish....man the mouth on those things. Haven't been fly fishing in some time which leads me to this question. What type of leader would you use to prevent break offs?

Thank looks like it would be a blast. Enjoy!!! and good luck with the Qualifiers.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now those are some oddly shaped fish....man the mouth on those things. Haven't been fly fishing in some time which leads me to this question. What type of leader would you use to prevent break offs?

Thank looks like it would be a blast. Enjoy!!! and good luck with the Qualifiers.
Hey Chewdog... believe it or not I use just 8 pound mono and a small in line spinner... like a Mepps there are so many fish if you loose one as the bait falls out another fish picks it up... its totaly insane

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ahh gotcha! My bad, at first glance I thought you had a fly rod in your hands. Boy that sounds like fun.

Have a relaxing time and I look forward to reading your report. Oh, and please share any recipes. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh gotcha! My bad, at first glance I thought you had a fly rod in your hands. Boy that sounds like fun.

Have a relaxing time and I look forward to reading your report. Oh, and please share any recipes. :)

lots of fly fishermen out there Chewdog...but I'm old Trib guy, I love those 11 to 13 foot Noodle Rods that and I can't cast a darn fly rod to save my life LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts