The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My initial plan was to hit a lake I/we hadn’t fished in a while, but wind speed/direction dictated otherwise so we ended up going to a different lake.

Water temps were in the mid 70’s with semi-stained visibility. We spent a good portion of the day dissecting weeds and deep water structure, but couldn’t get a bottom bite.

Cranking deep water flats with weeds and/or rock was the ticket. Boating the fish was a challenge as they were not really committed to eating. They were mostly slashing/bumping our baits resulting in being side-hooked and shaking off.

Despite it all, we did manage to put 13 LM in the boat with some respectable fish mixed in. Lots of laughs and good times throughout the day were capped off with burgers and fries for dinner.

5-pounds

5-pounds, 2-ounces

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
yeahh buddy! Nice fish! Healthy.

The crankbait bite I have been experiencing lately has been the same thing, with only a few hookups that are actually committed. Shallow pitching has been steady tho. Same water temps.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I was fishing my 5th qualifier this past saturday and found the samething, we found Largies in sparce weeds 8 to 10 feet deep mostly around shoals, I was getting them by dead sticking a Senko, but only one per spot .. Nice fish I could have used them saturday:laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.